• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kat81

• VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:49 PM

So, now that FI and I bought our own house and are getting settled, we want to start recycling. There is a place here to take plastics, glass, metal, paper etc. FI got some big barrels and we are putting the obvious things in there. We have a glass, alluminum and plastic barrel. I know the obvious plastics like water bottles and things. My question is what all can you recycle? Butter containers? Milk jugs? I know this might sound stupid I just don't want to be throwing anything away that I can take. If any of you know let me know. Thanks!

#2 -Kate-

• VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:15 AM

You need to check with the recycling place. There are a ton of different kinds of plastics and different cities take different kinds. For example - Seattle takes pretty much everything, but Louisville only takes like #2 and 3's.

#3 Yari

• VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:34 AM

Definitely check with your city. My town takes almost everything. The cool thing is we can put it in the recycle can they provide us and they sort it out. It makes it so much easier.

#4 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:02 AM

I agree that you should check with your local municipality becauseeach one varies. Some compost, some don't. that's so great you guys are so committed to recycling kat!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#5 Kat81

• VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

Thanks girls... sometimes I am so dense! I didn't even think to call them and that some may take different things. Great idea!! And so obvious! I'll call Monday morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users