Sign in to follow this  
Jenn3878

What's more important to lose inches or pounds?

Ok girls hope I can get some imput from others on this! What's more important to lose inches or pounds? I started Curves 3 months ago today and have only lost about 4 lbs in total and a total of 17 inches so far. Am I doing ok or am I doing something wrong? Any tips??

I don't think it matters as long as you do it in a healthy way and you are happy with the results. I can go from 9st to 11st and still fit in the same clothes - its just how I feel that matters

BTW that is amazing amount of inches lost well done you

Inches for sure!!!

The pounds may not decrease because of muscle and water retention!

17 inches is awesome! I bet your clothes feel loose!cheer2.gif

INCHES!! Muscle takes up less space than fat, but it weighs the same. This means you are replacing fat with muscle and that's a very good thing!

Congrats on the weight loss! How exciting!

I think inches but I'm no expert. Pounds can be deceptive because you may be loosing fat, but gaining muscle so maybe your weight won't change that much.

definitely inches... if you're working out you're going to be losing fat and turning fat into muscle which weighs more.... so you'll lose a couple pounds but really its your BMI that matters most.

Remember this: Muscle weighs more than fat does. You are turning your fat into muscle, WHILE losing inches. Therefor your weight may not fluctuate a lot but your inches will melt away! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!cheer2.gif