Photo

18yr old dies in Cancun

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

She died in a boating accident. Here's the link.. it's so sad.

FOXNews.com - Texas Teen Dies After Mexican Boat Accident Off Cancun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

#2 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
    • 279 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

That's terrible, my brother went with high senior class when he was 18 and they were stuck in crappy hotel rooms and booked onto tours with little to no safety precautions. I think it's because they're kids and don't know any better. I was so worried about him the entire time he was in Cancun. Poor girl, that's just horrible.
      Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:37 PM

Ok I could be a little distracted right now, but I had a hard time following that article. It seemed poorly written and jumped around a bunch.

They had too many people on a catarmaran and it sunk? While at the boat dock? I'm confused what happened. Did she get brain damage from the accident and just now died or did she have brain damage before?
        Happily married since 2008

#4 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
          Ok I could be a little distracted right now, but I had a hard time following that article. It seemed poorly written and jumped around a bunch.

They had too many people on a catarmaran and it sunk? While at the boat dock? I'm confused what happened. Did she get brain damage from the accident and just now died or did she have brain damage before?
          the boat sank. They told everyone to jump and she got caught underneath.. so when they finally got to her, she was brain damaged and died later.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

sounds like it wasn't a boat in bad shape though. it was new & not above capacity.

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

Thanks Jenny.

Very weird accident. Poor girl. I had a few classmates die from tragic accidents and it was hard for our small school to cope with. You know- especially as teenagers you think you are invinsible. These things hit hard.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

there were 5 girls on the news this morning that were involved in that accident. I guess they were on a snorkeling trip, a few students went downstairs and said the boat was filling up with water.

From what the students said the crew jumped in a life boat and took off, left the students to fend for themselves. Some of the students said they almost got run over by boats, they also said they saw the dead girl floating. It was so sad.

#8 Yvette

Yvette
                • 510 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TA Jill
                  there were 5 girls on the news this morning that were involved in that accident. I guess they were on a snorkeling trip, a few students went downstairs and said the boat was filling up with water.

From what the students said the crew jumped in a life boat and took off, left the students to fend for themselves. Some of the students said they almost got run over by boats, they also said they saw the dead girl floating. It was so sad.
                  Are you serious!?

#9 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:01 PM

This is absolutely horrible!

#10 JennyK

JennyK
                    • 3,502 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TA Jill

I read that they didn't give them the lifejackets when they told them to jump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users