Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dez921714

Sacred Heart Diet Anyone?

Recommended Posts

I can't wait to start this! I leave for vacation in two weeks, it would be so nice to drop a big amount of pounds before we leave, then I can buy a new bathing suit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The soup sounds yummy, although I wonder what is in the Lipton mix...just thinking in terms of cleansing. But compared to the master cleanse this seems like a breeze. I wonder if you could drink rice milk instead?

 

And I also did the cabbage soup diet years ago...it was the laxative soup diet for me...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wish i had the will power to do this diet. i think i would get tired of eating the same thing over and over again. but good luck to all you ladies in it for the long haul. i hear this diet works wonders!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured if we get bored of the soup, I'll make another vegitable soup we love (WW 0pt Vegetable soup). Its basically the same thing, all veggies, no fat.

 

I set my goals in 5-10lb incrimants, so that they're attainable...but then I always have the master goal :)

 

I read about one guy who would do it for a week, go off for 2 days, and contuned the cycle. I don't remember off the top of my head how long he did it for, but he lost over 50 lbs...so...this will be my plan....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
I figured if we get bored of the soup, I'll make another vegitable soup we love (WW 0pt Vegetable soup). Its basically the same thing, all veggies, no fat.

I set my goals in 5-10lb incrimants, so that they're attainable...but then I always have the master goal :)

I read about one guy who would do it for a week, go off for 2 days, and contuned the cycle. I don't remember off the top of my head how long he did it for, but he lost over 50 lbs...so...this will be my plan....
wow, 50 lbs is great! I just find that I get bored with the same diets, so if I mix them up that tends to work well for me. I do WW sometimes, sometimes I do atkins - no carbs, now I'm going to do this one too. I can do anything for a week! In this case, two weeks, because I'll be leaving on vaca.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure it's just a week - I think I have the willpower for 1 week. I'm considering doing it for 1 week then take a 2 week break and during the break - just staying off of whites.

 

I'm sorry, but I can't go a week without a diet coke! I think when you deprive yourself of things, it just makes you want them more. Everything in moderation. Okay - like I could sit and eat a whole box of store bought cupcakes - Yeah - I could - that icing is like a drug for me!

 

So I started making cupcakes out of a box mix - and guess what?? - I don't eat them. We have had 3 cupcakes left since the kids' party this past weekend and I haven't touched them. I sort of trick myself - I know crazy but true!

 

BTW - I don't drink a LOT of diet coke - maybe 3 a week. I also dont drink coffee because if I have coffee, I have to have something sweet with it. So my Cuisinart Grind and Brew sits collecting dust. It's crazy how we do these things isn't it?

 

I told FI last night about my diet and he says, "Honey - I know all of your girls (meaning you guys) are on diets for their weddings, but it's totally up to you. If you lose weight or not is up to you - I will love you regardless"

 

I LOVE THAT GUY!! - He is SO a keeper! love.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awwwwe That's sooooo sweet :)

 

My FI was like "cool! Maybe you'll have to buy a new dress because yours doesn't fit and I'll be able to fit into a regular guy size" lol I know guys drop weight a lot faster than women so I'm going to have to try not to get jealous LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE View Post
I figure it's just a week - I think I have the willpower for 1 week. I'm considering doing it for 1 week then take a 2 week break and during the break - just staying off of whites.

I'm sorry, but I can't go a week without a diet coke! I think when you deprive yourself of things, it just makes you want them more. Everything in moderation. Okay - like I could sit and eat a whole box of store bought cupcakes - Yeah - I could - that icing is like a drug for me!

So I started making cupcakes out of a box mix - and guess what?? - I don't eat them. We have had 3 cupcakes left since the kids' party this past weekend and I haven't touched them. I sort of trick myself - I know crazy but true!

BTW - I don't drink a LOT of diet coke - maybe 3 a week. I also dont drink coffee because if I have coffee, I have to have something sweet with it. So my Cuisinart Grind and Brew sits collecting dust. It's crazy how we do these things isn't it?

I told FI last night about my diet and he says, "Honey - I know all of your girls (meaning you guys) are on diets for their weddings, but it's totally up to you. If you lose weight or not is up to you - I will love you regardless"

I LOVE THAT GUY!! - He is SO a keeper! love.gif
I LOVE the icing on the store bakery cupcakes, that's really the only part I like about cakes & cupcakes is the sweet frosting!

I told my DH about the diet last night too, he said he's not doing it and if I start getting cranky, he's going to sabotage me with ben & jerry's, lol!

Can you tell I get cranky a lot when I'm hungry??voodoo.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
Awwwwe That's sooooo sweet :)

My FI was like "cool! Maybe you'll have to buy a new dress because yours doesn't fit and I'll be able to fit into a regular guy size" lol I know guys drop weight a lot faster than women so I'm going to have to try not to get jealous LOL
up until about two weeks ago, DH and I were both working out like crazy and eating good. DH didn't have a lot to lose, maybe 15 pounds, but it just falls off of him and its all he talks about, how he's so skinny now and look at his abs, blah, blah, blah!! I'm happy for him, don't get me wrong, but I get so jealous that its so easy for him. I lost 20 pounds and have been pretty stuck in the same spot for weeks, it SUCKS! And I get so mad when he talks about his loss, I'm such a bad wife.smile27.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been debating between going on this diet or starting the Alli pill. But I just got off the Allie thread and decided that shitting myself wasnt the way to go!! So I will start Monday the 23. We will see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×