Sacred Heart Diet Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
yeah, the first time I used it I did one bag and it worked okay, the second time I used one bag again, but nothing.

So I tried it with two tea bags and letting it steep longer and I think I just lost about 5 lbs, lol!! Try it, it will work!

LOL...I will definitely try it when I get home. I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008 View Post
Where do you get this yogi tea, I want some :)

I had a banana and skim milk this morning. I LOVE bananas so this day should go well for me BUT I can'twait for tomorrow's beef.
I got the tea at Wal-mart. It was in the area with of course the tea's, coffee and hot chocolate. There are a ton of different kinds and brands in that little area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
I only had that issue once, on the second day...now I'm fine :) I'm a super regular person, if I feel "stopped up" I usually just drink some coffee and it does the trick...FI was B*tchin the second day that he was going for the 11th time...but he's a big baby and was probably exaggerating LOL

I haven't had a banana yet, I'm actually not hungry, but I'm going to have one in a little while. I'm also going to cut a few up and put them in the freezer. Last night we had frozen strawberry smoothies (frozen strawberries, milk and a little unsweetened juice), so tonight we'll have banana.

If you do make a banana shake, add a little cinimon :) My mom used to do that when she was on WW years ago LOL

So, TMI, but I haven't gone yet this morning...and when I got on the scale, I was down over 11 lbs. I'm so estatic, because there's a certain number that once I get to it, I usually go back up...and I was at the number yesterday....I've actually broken past it!!!!!! I think the more you have to lose the higher your loss is....like, FI and I have a LOT to lose, so our first week on this we'll lose more than someone who only has 10-20 lbs to lose.

I think FI and I plan to finish this week, do the 2 days off thing and then go back to it (maybe with a few modifications)
OMG...11lbs! That is awesome. Keep up the good work. I can't imagine how good you are feeling about yourself right now.

Thanks for the hint about using the cinammon.

Quote:
That is so amazing!!!! I'm so happy it is working so great for you!!!. I'm going to do the banana shake today :)
Okay...How does one make a banana shake? I usually don't drink milk. But, since it's on the menu for tomorrow (it's my 3rd day) I guess I need to figure it out. For the ladies that work outside the home how did you go about drinking yours? In the morning before you left and then when you got home? Or did you also freeze it to bring it to work the next day? Just curious. Trying to get ideas!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
My FI had to work a 24 hour shift yesterday and we he comes home from those shifts he ALWAYS has fast food. This morning he came home with McDonalds, I could have killed him! I said couldn't you have eaten that in the car! I made a spicy bowl of soup and was happy :)
Good for you!! But, that was so not nice on his part though! Men!!

Quote:
Where do you get this yogi tea, I want some :)

I had a banana and skim milk this morning. I LOVE bananas so this day should go well for me BUT I can'twait for tomorrow's beef.
I bought it at the grocery store "shaws" in the organic section, but I've seen it other places too, maybe at other grocery stores. I think I saw it in the Tea section at another store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
I only had that issue once, on the second day...now I'm fine :) I'm a super regular person, if I feel "stopped up" I usually just drink some coffee and it does the trick...FI was B*tchin the second day that he was going for the 11th time...but he's a big baby and was probably exaggerating LOL

I haven't had a banana yet, I'm actually not hungry, but I'm going to have one in a little while. I'm also going to cut a few up and put them in the freezer. Last night we had frozen strawberry smoothies (frozen strawberries, milk and a little unsweetened juice), so tonight we'll have banana.

If you do make a banana shake, add a little cinimon :) My mom used to do that when she was on WW years ago LOL

So, TMI, but I haven't gone yet this morning...and when I got on the scale, I was down over 11 lbs. I'm so estatic, because there's a certain number that once I get to it, I usually go back up...and I was at the number yesterday....I've actually broken past it!!!!!! I think the more you have to lose the higher your loss is....like, FI and I have a LOT to lose, so our first week on this we'll lose more than someone who only has 10-20 lbs to lose.

I think FI and I plan to finish this week, do the 2 days off thing and then go back to it (maybe with a few modifications)
oooh, I like the cinnamon idea! I just did skim milk, ice, and bananas in my shake, it was good.

That's fantastic about the 11 lbs!! I don't know if I'll lose as much as I want to because I was already dieting before I started this, but it sure would be nice to lose 10-15 lbs!

I was thinking I would do it again next week, if we take monday tuesday off, then I would start wednesday. The only thing I'm having a problem with is that I'm leaving on friday for vacation, so I don't know if its worth doing it for 3 days, kwim? Maybe I'll just count points all next week so that I don't gain!

Quote:
My FI had to work a 24 hour shift yesterday and we he comes home from those shifts he ALWAYS has fast food. This morning he came home with McDonalds, I could have killed him! I said couldn't you have eaten that in the car! I made a spicy bowl of soup and was happy :)

Last night I asked DH if he wanted me to cook him some hot dogs for dinner (I hate hot dogs and we had some in the fridge so I wanted to get rid of them and knew I wouldn't want any) he says no, I already ate, I say what did you eat? Ummm, I had McDonalds on the way home from work cuz I knew you couldn't have any and you would be mad if you saw me eat my 3 DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS!

I was so jealous, I ate some cherries while thinking about a double cheeseburgersmile78.gif

I was all mentally set to start this diet on this comming Monday, but I just realized that I have to go out of town for work and will have to stay in a hotel Tuesday night. I will be gone Starting TTuesday monring and wont return until Wednesday night. Do you think I could still get away with doing the diet?

OMG 3 double cheeseburgershuh.gif? Does he eat the fries too or just the burgers? LOL At least he was thoughtful enough to eat it in the car lol

I wasn't dieting before, but always watching...I've been yoyoing with the same 8 or so lbs for about 3 months so I am estatic that I'm past it...hard part is not putting them back on, which is why I'm going to continue this. I doubt I'll continue losing at this rate, but if I could lose 20-30 lbs in 2 or 3 weeks, I'll be so flippin excited LOL Maybe I should start to excersize insted of just a walk around the block lol

My jeans which are usually comfortable right out of the wash and loose the second day...are actually loose right out of the wash...a good and bad thing, since a)they're new b)I bought 4 pairs c) they weren't cheap LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by STACEY View Post
I was all mentally set to start this diet on this comming Monday, but I just realized that I have to go out of town for work and will have to stay in a hotel Tuesday night. I will be gone Starting TTuesday monring and wont return until Wednesday night. Do you think I could still get away with doing the diet?
I think you can, but it'd be tough. Do you guys go out to eat when you're out of town for work? Can you bring your soup with you? FI and I actually got stuck going out to dinner on day 2....we just both got a salad, his had chicken, mine had talaip and we didn't have the baked potatoe sine we had the meat...It's didn't throw us off at all

I swear - The Gods are against me this morning! I work in a firehouse - YES - a firehouse with real FIREMEN!! Today one of the guys is retiring. I have been asked 6 times this morning if I wanted a breakfast burrito. Besides the intoxicating aroma tempting me, I made the mistake of going in the kitchen to take my cup to put in the dishwasher. OMG Girls - I could cry hissyfit.gif

They had ALL OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ON THE COUNTERS! Cinnamon rolls, breakfast burritos with green chilli and CAKE - REAL STORE BOUGHT CAKE WITH ICING !! (For those of you that don't know - my biggest nemesis is store bought cake) - I didn't even look at it, but I saw the box and that was enough.

I keep giving them my standard response, "I am getting married in 143 days. I have NO business looking at, smelling or standing by cinnamon rolls, cake and breakfast burritos"!

One of the guys said he was proud of me and gave me props for staying strong. I just want to cry ...........BOO HOO WAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! msncry.gif

I am going in that kitchen - armed with my soup and I am heading straight for the microwave and I'm not looking back. Wish me luck................