Sacred Heart Diet Anyone?

I lost 4lbs (but I think my scale was off yesterday)...Just as a side note...this is all water weight at this point! I do feel better though :) I told FI that when I eat salads all the time, I physically feel better..so it makes sense that eating nothing but veggies and fruit is goign to make me feel good :)

You're right, it annoys me that they weren't very clear about condiments. So, what we're going to do is grill them (probably on the stove) with onions. I also got a head of cabbage...I know it doesn't exactly go with mushroom/onion & potato...so I think I'm going to steam that and we'll have it when FI gets home from work (around 3).

I picked up a bunch of canned veggies...they are convienant and if don't eat them right now they won't go bad...Asparagus, Beats, Button Mushrooms.

I also have romain letuce and baby spinach...I'm thinking of making a salad later and squeezing a little lemon on it instead of dressing.

Balsamic Vinegar is my FAVORITE!!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsTulumBride View Post
Ok ! I am in ! I will get all the stuff this afternoon. I just want to loose 10-12 pounds so that I can feel great in a bathing suit ! !

School is over, I've corrected all my grade 11 exams so now I can concentrate on myself.

I'll keep you all posted on how I am on this dietthewave.gif
YAY! A few of us started yesterday and a couple are starting today too :)

Can't wiat to hear how you're doing :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008 View Post
Awesome!!! That will definitely help you to have her as inspiration as well. My FI isn't doing it but he said he would eat the soup for dinner LOL thank god cause there is no way I could cook a yummy meal for him and me not be able to eat it.
It will definitely help. She has a throid problem and got on medication recently which has stopped her weight gain, but now she wants to lose 20lbs. So, I'm excited. I forgot to call her last night to remind her to get everything. I made mine last night and brought it this morning. I don't like carrots (cooked carrots to be exact) or tomatoes so I don't really like the taste. But, I can eat it.

You are lucky that your FI will eat it for dinner with you cause I have to cook for my son and will be seeing him smack down on spaghetti, spinach and garlic bread tonight! Kill me now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez921714 View Post
I really like it too! I think I've had 3 bowls today (hey, they say eat as much as you want, the more you eat the more you lose, plus, it's ALL veggies!). I'm definately making another pot tonight (there are two of us eating it and it goes fast, especially when you like eating it). I'm thinking since tomorrow is veggies and soup and then its fruit, veggies and soup...I might add some frozen spinach it it or some other kind of leafy green veggies.

That's awesome! It'll help when the cookie dish is out at work! I have FI doing it with me, but I don't know how long he is going to last...he got home from work and was like "I'm hungry" but he didn't feel like soup again and is all fruited out LOL Even if he makes it two or 3 days, it'll be really good for him.

Adding frozen spinach is a good idea. I'm going to do that since I love spinach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jill View Post
I put curry in mine and I think I put too much, the first bowl I had was SOOO spicy, I added more water and now it just has a nice kick. Red pepper is a good idea too!

I'm getting ready to heat up some soup for breakfast, I don't really know what else to eat, since today is all veggies. I can't wait for my potato tonight!
Dang it...that's what I forgot last night. The curry. Oh well, at work now. So I will add to it tonight for sure.

Quote:
YAY! A few of us started yesterday and a couple are starting today too :)

Can't wiat to hear how you're doing :)
I'm already about to do die and I had a protein shake (I'm in training right now and I need protein) with watermelon for breakfast. Maybe it's because I workout on an empty stomach. I normally eat a cup of oatmeal, 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites for breakfast after my workouts. So I'm thinking I need to change my workout routine (only do the weight training and no cardio) for this week to make sure I can follow my diet and not gnaw my arm off.

Guess I'll go get some coffee since I hear it suppresses your appetite.

I can't wait for tomorrow...fruit and veggies...I'm dying for something sweet right now, and having grapes on the counter and melon in the fridge is bugging me LOL

I had a big bowl of soup about an hour ago...I added a can of spinach (the store had Popeye brand so I HAD to try it). I am sooooo stuffed! It'd be perfect if it wasn't for the sweet craving sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYB87 View Post
I'm already about to do die and I had a protein shake (I'm in training right now and I need protein) with watermelon for breakfast. Maybe it's because I workout on an empty stomach. I normally eat a cup of oatmeal, 1 whole egg and 4 egg whites for breakfast after my workouts. So I'm thinking I need to change my workout routine (only do the weight training and no cardio) for this week to make sure I can follow my diet and not gnaw my arm off.

Guess I'll go get some coffee since I hear it suppresses your appetite.
Since you're in training, is it enough calories for you?

Quote:
No one except FI and I (and EVERYONE who reads this board LOL) knows that we are doing this...I'm like that with diets, that way, if I fail, I don't have to explain it to everyone.
HA - I do the same thing - but when I go off, FI still gives me a hard time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
I love portabello mushrooms...they taste great BBQ'd.
I ADORE MUSHROOMS! I love ANYTHING grilled - mushrooms especially!

OKAY - SO I haven't started. I think about you guys every day! I think I am going to start tomorrow. I haven't had time to go to the store, but I get off at 2 so I am going to go today. We had a too short and too busy weekend. I am making my list and am going to the store today! I will be on board tomorrow I promise!!

Hang in girls! I'll be with it tomorrow!

XOXO ~Celina