Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#191 Jessicalynne

Jessicalynne
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by futuremrsthomas 

They should seriously think about setting up a "frequently asked questions" section so Alejandra doesn't have to answer the same questions 100 times!  I have totally asked her all of these same questions!  LOL!  I have the same package and I got the same answers.  I always feel bad bugging her, but the resort is very unclear with add-on pricing compared to some other resorts I looked into. 

They should! Where are you having your reception? We're doing the Tropical Restaurant. I would love to bounce ideas off of you and exchange info. You are getting married two weeks before us!!! How freaking excited are you? It's 44 days until we depart and I have been floating. haha.

#192 Jessicalynne

Jessicalynne
    • 81 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Canadagoose 

I'm considering the Quetzal for my wedding, and I've been reading this post with great interest.

1. What are the wedding venues that are available ? Is it only the beach, or is there a garden venue?
      2. What kinds of decorations do they provide with the packages? If I wanted to add my own decorations is there a huge charge for this?
      3. What's the difference between the Quetzal and the Toucan?
      4. If we wanted a private reception how much extra would that be? What are the venues like?
      5. Do the chairs have covers/bows? Is there an extra cost for this?

That's all for now. I know I'll have a lot more questions soon.

Hi Goose! haha :)

How big is your wedding going to be? That will determine your options as far as ceremony and reception locations. There's no charge for adding your own decorations. There's no difference between the two hotels, they're mirror images of each other and it's just what they call the left and right side. 

Have you looked at their packages? I can email you the one I received last August. Prices have gone up since then, but they go up each year. But it will answer almost all of your questions.

#193 Canadagoose

Canadagoose
      • 29 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hi Jessica, thanks for getting back to me. My real name is Deanne. Connie emailed me their wedding packages (after I finally called her). Do you know what their wedding venues are like? I can find pictures of the beach and chapel. Is there a jungle venue? I'm a little worried about semi naked people getting in the ceremony photos. Also, how is the food? Thanks!

#194 Trace2013

Trace2013
        • 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jessicalynne 

Hi Trace!

I hope your days as a married woman have been blissful :) I have three questions for a fellow Iberostar bride.

1. Aisle Length: How long do you think it takes to walk down the aisle from where they start you? The pictures look pretty long, but would you say 30 seconds or so?

2. Ceremony Music: Did you have music during your ceremony? I have specific songs that I want to play via an ipod or sound system. Did you use that? If so, did you think it was loud enough. 

3. Mic: Did you use a mic for the ceremony? If so, did the hotel provide it or did your DJ?

I'm officially at 60 days!!! I can't wait. :) Any information you can provide would be so appreciated.

Thank you. You're the best.

-Jessica

hey girl! I am SO SORRY TO YOU ALL!!! I should be more diligent in checking this but so much has happened since we returned home at the end of January.. Including a pregnancy announcement!!! haha, wow, that was some honeymoon. hahaha

Anyway! To answer your questions:

1. Aisle Length: How long do you think it takes to walk down the aisle from where they start you? The pictures look pretty long, but would you say 30 seconds or so?

- The walk actually starts behind the first set of rooms and you walk down a path before hitting the runner on the sand... SO, I'd say give yourself at least 30 seconds. you can go there one day and time it out if you like too, of do it at the rehearsal that you will have with Alejandra. To give you an idea, I had 4 girls and a flower girl and me walking to one song "Forever" by Ben Harper. we didn't practice it (stupid!) but it ended up I hit the middle of the runner by the time it ended so it was all good. I think the song is just over 3 mins.

2. Ceremony Music: Did you have music during your ceremony? I have specific songs that I want to play via an ipod or sound system. Did you use that? If so, did you think it was loud enough. 

- We brought our ipod for ceremony music, they provided a DJ to play it on cue and sound system/microphone for our officiant. it was nice and loud, no issues there. No extra charge (we had dreams package as well)

3. Mic: Did you use a mic for the ceremony? If so, did the hotel provide it or did your DJ? All provided!

I will be way more diligent coming on here to answer all you brides with weddings coming up. just want to reiterate it can be frustrating waiting to hear from Alejandra but once you are about a month out you'll notice her response rate increase substantially. You simply are not a priority at the time as she's so busy with weddings happening now. When you get there it will all fall into place, promise!!! and I see you were quoting on the welcome party - DO IT!!! we had it by the beach bar with mariachhi from the package and it was the best ever. Great way to start a week in paradise.

#195 Trace2013

Trace2013
          • 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hey Deanne,

Don't be worried about semi naked gawkers (although there will be plenty of them!!) that's the beauty of photoshop! They were everywhere watching us get our pics done and you would never know when we received the completed package. There is a jungle venue and we did end up getting a couple of pictures in there for variety but the beach is far prettier!

Trace

#196 Trace2013

Trace2013
            • 63 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:58 AM

Our photographer sent this to us.. TOO FUNNY, but this is what happened the whole time! People just have no clue sometimes. So don't worry about the gawkers, they disappear.

#197 JanetandDan2014

JanetandDan2014
              • 160 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

I am pretty much a newbie.  I've been sorta stalking the site for months to get ideas when I tried to choose a resort.  I have just put the deposit down today for Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal for the Gold Star package.  Wedding date is 4/24/14.  Wow it was exhausting and nerve wrecking trying to choose a resort.  I still feel a little sick and nervous.  Hope this goes away. 

I had originally chosen Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal because I like the idea of 1 wedding per day, I love the Playacar area and proximity to Playa Del Carmen, and the packages seemed reasonable.  My travel agent had suggested Moon Palace because of several of the additions of ammenities with group packages, but my gut told me to stick with Iberostar Tucan & Quetzal.  Hoping to connect with people and get as much info as I can in the next 12 months.  :(

Is there anyone else out there for 2014 who just booked?  If so I look forward to talking with you.  I have emailed with a few brides from the forum who had their weddings earlier this year and they have been very helpful. 

#198 Canadagoose

Canadagoose
                • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi Janet, I'm just about to book for for the Iberostar as well. I'm just waiting on the final quotes from my travel agent. I really hope that I'm making the right decision. I've been having nightmares about it for months. We've been looking absolutely everywhere (Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, I even briefly considered Cambodia before settling on Mexico.) I like the Iberostar for the same reasons as you. One wedding per day, and it's really close to Playa del Carmen (I tend to go stir crazy if I'm in any one spot for too long, and the thought of paying a ton of money in taxi fees really didn't appeal to me.) My wedding date will be in early February 2014. I'm looking forward to chatting with you over the next year.

#199 Jessicalynne

Jessicalynne
                  • 81 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Canadagoose 

Hi Jessica, thanks for getting back to me. My real name is Deanne. Connie emailed me their wedding packages (after I finally called her). Do you know what their wedding venues are like? I can find pictures of the beach and chapel. Is there a jungle venue? I'm a little worried about semi naked people getting in the ceremony photos. Also, how is the food?

Thanks!

Hi Deanne!

Sorry for the late response, work and wedding prep have been crazy. One month to go! Anyways, they don't have a chapel on the resort. If you're thinking of having a catholic ceremony, that's something you should know. My fiance and I were hoping to have a Catholic ceremony, but they will only have one in a church, so we're doing a legal ceremony in Mexico and then having the Catholic church recognize us when we get back. Mexico will be our official wedding date though. I've heard pretty good reviews about the food, especially considering that it's an all-inclusive. We'll see though!

The Jungle holds 80 people and I can send you everything I have over pm. Here is my personal email too: msjessicalynne@gmail.com

Hope all is well!

#200 Canadagoose

Canadagoose
                    • 29 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

I have another question for all of you out there.  The dream wedding package says that the marriage license is included with the package.  If we do the legal wedding at the Iberostar, will this affect the language of the ceremony?  We definitely want our ceremony to be done in English.  Also, will that marriage license be recognized outside of Mexico (specifically Canada and Australia)? 

Thank-you!

Deanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users