Just thought I'd update you as I have also hit less than 3 months to go before the big day! AC only a month left for you right? You must be ready to get going now that everything is pretty much planned.
I thought I'd update you on what's been happening with us:
- It ended up we had a crazy response to our save the dates, so much so that we are now sitting at a guest list of 92 people! We've had to make some concessions of how we will do things because of the guest list but it will be amazing having all those people with us for a week
- After many arguments, hassle and a few tears (of frustration!) we have planned a welcome party for the day after everyone arrives, we wanted something private over the course of a few hours but trying to set it up without costing us the same as the wedding reception was next to impossible! So, we have booked exactly what they offer in the package - fingers crossed because I STILL am not sure what we're going to get!
- We hired Jorge at Adventure Photo for the big day, as well we decided to go with the videographer they offered. The pricing was competitive and it was just easier than going through the drama of bringing in an external photographer which they do not permit without a $500 fee. As others have said, he sent many different portfolios of past work and I'm confident it will all be beautiful.
- I hired Sara Tamargo (SO EXCITED!) to come and do hair/make up for myself, my 4 bridesmaids and my Mother. We are planning on taking pics and a first look before the ceremony so she'll be coming to us early around 10am. (Ceremony is on the beach at 4pm) She was exceptional to deal with and really stood out among the others I quoted. As well, since I am paying for hair/makeup for all the girls I wanted something within my budget and she totally worked with me to get to a price I needed to be. I've been watching her work closely on FB and am getting so excited. What a gem!
- Champagne toast will follow immediately after the ceremony with the mariachi's playing (also included in the package)
- Due to the size of the wedding group we have moved our reception to the convention centre off of the lobby. It has way more room, they have offered standard decor and I will be bringing limited items to accent (Maracas, balloons). We also want a 6 hour reception vs 4 hour that is included in the package so we will be paying per person for the last two hours. The fee is nominal and worth having our own private party until 1 am. Those wanting to continue partying can hit up the disco afterwards.
- We have hired an external DJ for the reception as we wanted an MC/DJ - someone to really get the crowd going if necessary, but I'm not too worried about that! After much quoting and decision making we went with DJ Doremixx - his pricing was competitive and I read every review on him on BDW. So far he's been great to work with and super professional.
- We have decided not to do OOT bags, they are awesome and I'm sure it would be fun to out together.. But not for 92 people! The only thing I will be doing is kids activity bags for the reception as there will be 9 kids present. Already started picking up crayons, activity books, glow sticks, cards, candy from dollarama. Just going to put them in kraft bags and then draw with a sharpie on the bag so they can each decorate their own bag as well.
Hmmm... Is that all? I have no idea. My head is spinning as we are also planning our social next month so that has been the focus, once that is out of the way I think a complete calmness will come over me For you non-MB brides Social=massive party/fundraiser in celebration of the bride/groom before the wedding. So stressful! But super super fun.
Ok! Hope you ladies are all doing well and planning is going smoothly