Anyone have problems booking rooms a ways out? Our wedding is next Feb and people were starting to try to book and it tells them that no rooms are available. One person did get a quote from an agent and it was $4500 for 5 nights.

Starting to panic a bit here. Anyone able to share what their guests were paying for 5-7 nights?

Thanks so much for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just a quick post from Scotland! Back early hours and wanted to let you know our wedding was perfect! Alejandra was a star - right down to I wanted name cards for dinner stuck in limes on the day and this was achieved.

The setting is spectacular, hotel lovely and the photo shop in the hotel I can absolutely recommend - our album is stunning.

Mac makeup used in spa, my hair was lovely too.

Flowers were amazing!

As I said - a very quick post - will get pics up shortly!!

I was very relaxed up to and including the day - allowed Alejandra to do her job (she's organised several hundred) and everything ran like clockwork.

If you don't want your parents names on marriage certificates all you need is passports and Visa cards issued on your flight. If you want parents names on marriage cert you will need original birth certificates. We requested certificates translated into English and these will be sent out with the apostle marriage cert - we were given a copy on the day.

Evonne

• Like 2

@@Evonneda I can't wait to see you pictures and so glad everything was perfect!!! Congrats!

@@Mexico2015 Where are you getting quotes from? Holy crap! We picked the resort in August for our July wedding. For example for a standard double room it's around $850 for 7 days. 

Hi all

Just a quick post from Scotland! Back early hours and wanted to let you know our wedding was perfect! Alejandra was a star - right down to I wanted name cards for dinner stuck in limes on the day and this was achieved.

Evonne

Hi! I would love to see photos of your name cards in the limes! I am thinking of using limes in my table decor and have been trying to figure out what to do with name cards, so this could be perfect. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

FYI was just informed today the disco is being changed to a sportsbar set to be completed early July. We were going to have our reception there so that was a fun surprise

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm a December 2016 Tucan bride (I know- awhile away!). Since it is SO far away I'm not getting too many answers- which completely makes sense since the wedding is so far away. With my Type A personality and trying to budget I like to have as much information as possible! 

Can anyone answer any of these questions?

1. When do you need to provide the final headcount. I might have more than 30 but not sure. I read that if you have more than 30 they recommend renting out a restaurant. I don't want to commit to that too soon since I don't know if we will get over the 30 mark.

2.  If we do end up renting out a restuarant do any of you know if you then have a dance floor? I'm thinking if you are spending an extra ~$1000 it should be more like a traditional reception?  I know I read somewhere you can get a DJ but I was thinking of just using an iPod... does anyone know if this is an option? And if so does it cost money to rent equipment like speakers, etc?

3. And lastly I plan on using the photographer that the resort usually works with. Does anyone know how far in advance I need to contact them? Is it too soon now?

Thank you all so much!!!

This is the information I have received so far, hope it helps.

1. I was told the resort needs to know 3 months out the final head count. I am 5 months out now from my wedding so I cannot say how strict they are with that.

2. I have been told that there is no dance floor unless you get a DJ who will bring one in. I believe they can clear an area and you can use an iPod over their normal speakers but no dedicated speakers or floor that is just for dancing.

3. As far at the photographer goes, I believe it is implied that you will use their service unless you tell them otherwise. Not 100% sure on this one though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm a December 2016 Tucan bride (I know- awhile away!). Since it is SO far away I'm not getting too many answers- which completely makes sense since the wedding is so far away. With my Type A personality and trying to budget I like to have as much information as possible! 

Can anyone answer any of these questions?

1. When do you need to provide the final headcount. I might have more than 30 but not sure. I read that if you have more than 30 they recommend renting out a restaurant. I don't want to commit to that too soon since I don't know if we will get over the 30 mark.

2.  If we do end up renting out a restuarant do any of you know if you then have a dance floor? I'm thinking if you are spending an extra ~$1000 it should be more like a traditional reception?  I know I read somewhere you can get a DJ but I was thinking of just using an iPod... does anyone know if this is an option? And if so does it cost money to rent equipment like speakers, etc?

3. And lastly I plan on using the photographer that the resort usually works with. Does anyone know how far in advance I need to contact them? Is it too soon now?

Thank you all so much!!!

There is an option to use the DJ the resort has for $100 an hour which is alot cheaper than the outside quote they gave me.  If you rent out the restaurant there will not be a dance floor set up. Our wedding was July 10 and I sent the wedding planner the updated guest total June 17. As a heads up, you will more than likely get very slow email responses especially being that far out. My wait time once I got to Alejandra the actual wedding planner was at the longest a week but that isn't until a month or so out. Alejandra is amazing though and will make everything perfect! If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

@@jsparrow10 I have a few questions for you if you don't mind! Our wedding is coming up in January and I still feel like. Have so much to do!

1. Did you have a private reception? I think I saw that you were planning on having your reception at the disco. What did you end up doing and were you happy with it? We are planning on a private reception at the steakhouse. We aren't going to be getting a DJ but plan on bringing our own music on an iPod. I asked the cost to rent the sound system for the reception and I think she misunderstood my question as she said $150 for 30 mins.

2. Did you use the resort photographer and were you happy with their photos?

3. Did you get your wedding dress steamed? How much did they charge for that?

Thank you so much!!