Photography - what do you want?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 COFPhoto

• 81 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:53 PM

New member here, just looking for some feedback from Brides to be regarding what they are looking for as a final product from their photographer. Price is not an issue here, just simply what end product(s) do you want?

Answers could be something like:

- Just give me an unedited DVD with all of the photos, and I'll print them at Walgreens myself

- I'd love to have one of those really cool, custom designed coffee table books

- I want a huge 60" x 30" canvas print to hang on my wall over the couch

- Just an old fashioned slip-in style album and 100 4x6 prints to go inside

You get the idea. What do you want to remember your wedding day?

#2 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:04 PM

This is easy for me. I want my images on a DVD & that is it. I'm a DIYer so I want to make my own coffee table book, slideshows, & do all sorts of fun stuff with my pictures. I love photo projects.

I plan on printing my favorite images & the ones I will frame on Mpix to get the pro quality. I'll be filling my album from snapfish because I have 1000 penny prints. Then i'm designing coffee table books for us, our parents & grandparents. I'll be ordering at least 6 books. So digital negatives were a must. I also make calendars each year for all of our family so I want to include the wedding pictures there.

#3 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:05 PM

Definitely some coffee table books. I think if I just had prints, I'd never get around to making up any kind of album or book.

#4 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

Just a DVD so I can do it all myself. Maybe like 3 8x10s of a professional quality for myself and the two sets of parents to print (or just one for me is really enough!) For everything else, I am happy with costco quality. To me it's not worth the high price of professionally printed photos.

#5 Yvette

• 510 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

i have been doing a lot of diy projects for our wedding so i want to make my own book. i would like an edited disc to make the process a little easier. i was thinking about using picaboo.com.

#6 adias.angel

• 719 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

Just a DVD of the images in hi-res. All of the things you mentioned you can do online or at home at a decent price.

#7 BrittneyD

• 679 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

I would want a DVD of all my photos in high res and edited. I would also want a digital coffee table album. I print all my photos and get my canvas prints on my own.
                Brittney & Peter
                July 12, 2008
                Riu Ocho Rios

#8 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

hi-res dvd of edited images, a slideshow set to music, flush-mount coffee table books, all hard-copy proofs, engagment or TTD session.

as far as the DVD, i dont necessarily want to do ALL the work myself, BUT, i do want two things-- 1)the option to do what i want with the images, and 2) rights to all pictures of ME that I paid for :) might be your work of art, but it's my face, haha

#9 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

We just got our proofs in a slip-in type book and I liked that. We also got a DVD with the prints-like that.
                  What I really liked, and didn't expect, was she framed one of our photos for us in sweet little 4x6 frame. I like that I could just leave it on the coffee table and having it all set was a very nice treat!

#10 Dbld78

• Banned
                  • 665 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Excellent thread topic...

It's interesting... you know I had posted a thread a while back with your blog post... it's also interesting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users