109 replies to this topic

#101 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JennyK
    hehehe yea I know. I'd be jealous too! I deserve it since I was 19, I've commuted over an hour each way. (Freehold to Rt. 22..no fun). I'm almost 28 so tooooooo many wasted years stuck in traffic.
    jenny, are you from freehold? i'm originally from marlboro.

#102 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by lauren c.
      jenny, are you from freehold? i'm originally from marlboro.
      Yes I live in East Freehold.. right off 79! How long ago did you move away?

#103 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JennyK
        Yes I live in East Freehold.. right off 79! How long ago did you move away?
        i lived off of 79, near crown palace and the firehouse. i moved 5 years ago, but my parents moved about 4. i lived there all my life, and my best friend, who lived down the street from me now lives in raintree.
        when did you graduate from hs? did you go to borough or township?

#104 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:32 PM

Quote:
          i lived off of 79, near crown palace and the firehouse. i moved 5 years ago, but my parents moved about 4. i lived there all my life, and my best friend, who lived down the street from me now lives in raintree.
          when did you graduate from hs? did you go to borough or township?
          oh yea! I LOVE LOVE the Crown Palace. I live in Colts Pride if you've heard of the development. I moved to Howell after I graduated hs so I never went to school down here..I graduated from Linden HS.. Then my FI bought this house 1 1/2 yrs ago in Freehold which worked out perfectly for me since it's so close to Howell & my family.

#105 1elephant

1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:40 PM

colts pride sounds familiar, but i haven't really been back around there since my parents moved, other than to go to raintree. if you like crown palace, go down 79 past the hs to the shopping center w/ a&p and eat at island taste. it's a takeout place, but they have booths. the egg rolls, lo mein, and wonton soup are to die for!

#106 JennyK

JennyK
            • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

Quote:
              colts pride sounds familiar, but i haven't really been back around there since my parents moved, other than to go to raintree. if you like crown palace, go down 79 past the hs to the shopping center w/ a&p and eat at island taste. it's a takeout place, but they have booths. the egg rolls, lo mein, and wonton soup are to die for!
              I'll def try it out! I'm always looking for new things around here

#107 JennyK

JennyK
              • 3,502 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:40 AM

I have decided to NOT take this job after all. I just sent out an email to the recruiter. I looked on their job posting and it did say they'd give me a base salary and after I asked for one, they told me they don't offer it. It scares me that I'm getting suckered into this and taken for a ride. At this point in my life, I need to be steady and since my FI works on commissions, we need stability from one of us and his job is much more important

#108 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:59 AM

Smart choice...for no other reason than they said one thing in the ad and another thing to you...I wouldn't trust them!
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#109 JennyK

JennyK
                  • 3,502 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

believe it or not, I was offered a job at a spa about 20 minutes from home lol I don't know if I want it either since...again...commission only. My old manager from the spa I worked at LOVES me and she just got the manager position here so on her first day she made me come in and meet the owner lol I made it clear to her though that I'm willing to do other things than facials just so I get a salary

#110 Yari

Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

That is great news!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users