Photo

Gift cards for BM

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Golden

Golden
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

I only have 2 bm's, is a amex or visa gift card tacky? We have purchased the entire wedding party blankets from the college they graduated from, which are really nice!!!! We have a wedding party of 4. I just wanted to give the bm's something else. The cards could be used for make-up or spending money during the wedding. Any thoughts

#2 merocket59

merocket59
    • 937 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

I think it is fine since it will accompany a thoughtful gift... nobody really minds recieving money right??

#3 beth

beth
      • 128 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:14 PM

I think they will be delighted to receive them! And they could probably put it towards the cost of their trip too.

#4 cincin

cincin
        • 109 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:58 PM

I think that is a great idea. I personally love gift certificates. And with an AMEX or Visa card they can use it towards what they want.

I might have to steal your idea!!! Thanks!

#5 tvt

tvt
          • VIP Member
          • 4,812 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:09 AM

I personally wouldn't do a gift card. While they are always great, I'd want to give them something they would remember receiving during the special occasion.

#6 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
            • 1,881 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:20 AM

The college blankets are such a cute idea. I'm going to have to agree with Tara on the GC's...I would lean more towards the personalized gift that will remind them of your wedding or something that you share with each of them. While everyone loves a gift card, I think your BM gift is a great opportunity to uniquely thank someone for being such an important part of your life :)
              http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
              February 14, 2009

#7 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:23 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by nikkianddean
                The college blankets are such a cute idea. I'm going to have to agree with Tara on the GC's...I would lean more towards the personalized gift that will remind them of your wedding or something that you share with each of them. While everyone loves a gift card, I think your BM gift is a great opportunity to uniquely thank someone for being such an important part of your life :)
                I agree wholeheartedly.

#8 Golden

Golden
                • 354 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

Ladies, I need help. The gf is nice, but after thinking not very personal.

1st:bm is very stylish and diva jewelry is not a option, because she make jewelry. She love to cook and host party and travel What to buy?!?!

2nd: just happy to have something she is also very diva like, she is into sports

They both travel a lot and one is a doctor any suggestions or ideas

We had the wedding party over on Sunday to watch the game, we gave them the college blankets. They loved them!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users