It's NOT OK to RSVP via facebook!!!!!!!!!

Maura

Maura that is so lame! I mean seriously! What are people thinking, oh wait they aren't thinking.

I have to admit I use to be bad about RSVP'ing to parties etc...but I have turned a new leaf sinc planning my wedding. I vowed to follow the four day rule!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you feel...one of my BMs, who has been my best friend for over 10 years now...sent an email to our group of friends (we have an email group to keep us sane at work) and casually mentioned she wouldn't be making it to my engagement party within the email about everything else. She didn't acknowledge me or even my engagement party...she just said...I won't be making it Saturday. Grrr. You'd think they could at least pick up the phone to call you!!

Oh well, their loss...she will be missing a ton of karaoke fun and good food :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRust View Post
I know how you feel...one of my BMs, who has been my best friend for over 10 years now...sent an email to our group of friends (we have an email group to keep us sane at work) and casually mentioned she wouldn't be making it to my engagement party within the email about everything else. She didn't acknowledge me or even my engagement party...she just said...I won't be making it Saturday. Grrr. You'd think they could at least pick up the phone to call you!!

Oh well, their loss...she will be missing a ton of karaoke fun and good food :)
Ok I'm sorry but that is just rude. How do you just casually throw that in there?

~Maura that is so annoying. I hate FB, Myspace, Friendster, etc. I hate all of them I think it makes people so lazy and people become so consumed and involved in that world that it annoys me...as I sit here typing on a forum. LOL.

i think one of the things that irritates me the most about it also is that among my friends, i am known for having excellent manners (seriously, my friends call me all the time to ask me etiquette questions) and for my personal correspondence skills. i am the queen of the thank you note. ask anyone on the forum who i am close with how quickly they've received thank you notes from me if they did something kind that required a thank you note. although i may cuss like a trucker sometimes, in proper social situations, i am a pro. because all my friends know all that about me, you would think they would have the decency and respect to show me the same level of courtesy that i would show them if the roles were reversed, ya know?

Ahhhh just read your vent - and you have every right to be royally pissed. I received a few email RSVP's to inform me people weren't coming but facebook? Come on people!

Hate to say but I agree with you, technology is making it easier and easier for people to write things they wouldn't say to your face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
That is so lazy of them! You give them something to send back and I am sure put postage on it, what's the problem!?
thats the thing - didnt even have reply cards you have to send back. we directed them to our website to RSVP online to make it easier on them! we also knew so many wedding guests forget to send the RSVP card or dont think its a big deal if they dont, and its a huge waste of money & paper to have that happen, so we thought by directing the to the website, we'd be eco-conscious as well as make it simpler for people to remember to go do it