Jump to content

Photo

Is registering for Photo's tacky??


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 SunBride

SunBride
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,499 posts

    Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

    Initially when I started reading your post I thought it was a bit tacky but when I got to the end I realized you were right, what better gift that wedding souvenirs. So, that being said, I think it would help if you wrote a little note or rhyme to go along with the photog registry info, something like "what better gift than to help us remember our wedding day forever".

    It might get people thinking about why it's a good idea, rather than them thinking "oh she wants us to pay her wedding bills" (which was kinda my first thought before thinking about the memories part)

    #22 Jacqueline

    Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

      Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:45 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by SunBride
      Initially when I started reading your post I thought it was a bit tacky but when I got to the end I realized you were right, what better gift that wedding souvenirs. So, that being said, I think it would help if you wrote a little note or rhyme to go along with the photog registry info, something like "what better gift than to help us remember our wedding day forever".

      It might get people thinking about why it's a good idea, rather than them thinking "oh she wants us to pay her wedding bills" (which was kinda my first thought before thinking about the memories part)
      I was thinking if I did do the registry maybe I could come up with something like that, a rhyme of some sort. My fam is SOO layed back and no none of my guests are up tight or old school. And even though its a "traditional" wedding, my fam isn't traditional and don't "do things by the book" or anything like that. We're all very close and I think word would get out that the idea isnt to PAY for my wedding but its actaully a "gift". So I'll have to read over this thread and kinda put things ito perspective.

      Thanks ladies for your input, you the bestest ;o)

      #23 lucy106

      lucy106
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,880 posts

        Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:01 PM

        Not tacky at all!! It is definitely a lot more useful then some stuff that you end up registering for.

        #24 Jacqueline

        Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

          Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by lucy106
          Not tacky at all!! It is definitely a lot more useful then some stuff that you end up registering for.
          this is true this is true

          #25 Stina168

          Stina168
          • Jr. Member
          • 170 posts

            Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:06 PM

            I think that is a great idea and you should take advantage of the registry being offered by the photographer!

            #26 gkashmira

            gkashmira
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,962 posts

              Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              I might do it, but leave the info on your website & not do the inserts.
              I agree with Morgan here. I think etiquette says that the bride/groom should not put their registry info in with the invite.

              Maybe you could do this AND another place and put both on your website. that way people who would rather get you your pics can do that and people who would rather get you something else can have that option as well.

              I couldn't vote 'cause I'm sort of in the middle. Plus I refuse to call you a hog!
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

              #27 ACDCDCAC

              ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

              Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

              jac i would do it but only if you register somewhere else as well, to give people an option. we ONLY registered at BB&B for my shower, nothing for the wedding, and we're getting a buttload of flak from people who are upset that we dont want them to waste their time and money buying things. i can only imagine what those same people would do if i had done this type of registry. BUT, thats my selfish friends and family, not yours.

              an aside, i dont get why people assume its a silent cry for cash when you dont register for a "real" registry. why cant they believe it when we say "Your presence is our present"?

              #28 Jacqueline

              Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

                Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:42 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by gkashmira
                I agree with Morgan here. I think etiquette says that the bride/groom should not put their registry info in with the invite.

                Maybe you could do this AND another place and put both on your website. that way people who would rather get you your pics can do that and people who would rather get you something else can have that option as well.

                I couldn't vote 'cause I'm sort of in the middle. Plus I refuse to call you a hog!
                hahaha oink oink

                #29 ACDCDCAC

                ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

                Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:44 PM

                oh, forgot to say, NO i dont think it's tacky, per se, but i do think some people might be bothered, if they are like my family as described above :)

                #30 rodent

                rodent

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

                  Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:45 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gkashmira
                  I agree with Morgan here. I think etiquette says that the bride/groom should not put their registry info in with the invite.

                  Maybe you could do this AND another place and put both on your website. that way people who would rather get you your pics can do that and people who would rather get you something else can have that option as well.

                  I couldn't vote 'cause I'm sort of in the middle. Plus I refuse to call you a hog!

                  She was talking about the shower invites to technically it's fine, but I think if you are on the fence about if it's OK, the website is the safest place.

                  I think nicely worded & with your non-traditional group you can pull it off.

                  I wish things didn't have to be so tricky, but you'd hate to offend.




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users