Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
She was talking about the shower invites to technically it's fine, but I think if you are on the fence about if it's OK, the website is the safest place.

I think nicely worded & with your non-traditional group you can pull it off.

I wish things didn't have to be so tricky, but you'd hate to offend.
Ooops! Sorry I missed the "Shower" part... smile105.gif

I wish uptight people would just pull the cob out of the ass and let loose a little. :) then we wouldn't have to sit here and debate etiquette all the time. LOL I must be in a prime mood today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I wish uptight people would just pull the cob out of the ass and let loose a little. :)
omg hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I wish uptight people would just pull the cob out of the ass and let loose a little. :) then we wouldn't have to sit here and debate etiquette all the time. LOL I must be in a prime mood today.
omg i love you. blahahahahahahahhahaha

Other than the "cob in the ass" comment (which I loved btw - so true) I didn't read the other responses. But here's mine:

IT'S YOUR WEDDING DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.

Personally I think it's a great idea. Most people end up either spending way more than they wanted on their photos (once they see them, they want all of them) and often they can't afford what they want. I would not only offer it, but even encourage my guests to go that direction. Sure is easier than shopping for some stupid glass orb that you're going to return anyway.

i think it is a great idea. pictures are important and it would be nice to get some help getting prints, albums etc. we are not registering but i really like this idea!

I am so happy that you asked this question. I'm planning on hiring a photograper from Ottawa and bringing them along with us (I won this debate, FH thinks I am nuts). Anyways, they too have the option of a registry. I think I will let it be know that I am registered with them. Photos, prints, dvd's or an album that capture my big day will last forever. Really what is the difference between a photo or a gift registry? people are still giving.

I personally think it s a great idea. Wedding pictures are a lasting memory and what better way than to have contributed to it.

Tacky? I don't think so...times have changed and most couples already have dinnerware, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, etc....

I say go for it :-)

I'm waiting to hear if my photog has the option for a registry now... I would love it! And I would certainly get that for someone else if I were the guest having to buy a gift.