• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

ok mine are not as thick as my buckingham palace postcard, but thicker than a photo. They look as thick as the postcard, but are not a sturdy.

#12 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
    • 933 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

i am a dope, i did not even notice your siggy. sorry. can you transfer that to shutterfly? i never have any complaints with them!
      My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#13 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

So sad, that stinks!

#14 gkashmira

gkashmira
        • 1,962 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

I would definitely at least try calling to see what they say. Good luck!
          Kashmira & Dan
          Happily married since June 16, 2007
          http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
          Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
          Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#15 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

so I called Vista Print - probably wouldn't have bothered since I didn't care that much, but you girls suggested it adn I had free time at work so why not. well I'm glad I did becuase I got a refund! She said they refunding the cost of the item (not shipping costs) and since it was free I thought that meant no refund, but actually I had paid 5$ to upload an image and 5$ to get envelopes so they refunded me that 10$. So now all I paid is approx 5$ shipping and taxes and stuff which came to 10$.

She said there couldn't have been a defect, that's the paper they normally use.

She also said all orders, US and Canada, are all printed in Canada. How unusual (usually us Canadians are the ones getting stuff from the US not the other way around).

So I guess that means I got the same postcards as all you guys and maybe my expectations were just too high or something. I don't know, if that's the case, I'm really surprised several people here have said they are satisfied and I'm the only one who thought they were thin.

Well who cares, I got half my money back!

#16 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:05 PM

well at least you got some money back!

#17 Hitched Invites

Hitched Invites
            • 39 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:39 PM

I have used them for personal things, and honestly can say they are hit or miss. I have had to fight with them on many occasions to get things reprinted or to get a refund. I have ordered postcards through them and mine were thick.

You just have to be extra careful when uploading things with trim and bleeds,
              I just did a magnet through them I curious to see if I will be disappointed
              or pleasantly pleased.

Im glad you called and fought your case, I have a feeling they do a lot of refunds.

#18 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

that was nice of them to give you a refund.

I got postcards from them and really like them. But i don't have any postcards from when i've gone away, so i have nothing to compare it to.

And i love your siggy that is perfect for a thank you postcard. how did you make it?
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users