Photo

disappointed with my vista thank you postcards

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SunBride

SunBride
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

they are so thin! Like thiner than cardstock and WAY thinner than a regular postcard. I was just pulling out out of the box and I creased the edge and there is a crease mark. I'm scared they are going to get badly messed up when mailed. I'll write "do not bend" on the envelope but I don't think that will be enough. I'm thinking of including a really thin piece of cardboard / thick cardstock with them to avoid folds, but that would be a lot of work to cut enough of them (and don't know where I'd find that much cardboard/thick cardstock).

It's not that big of a deal considering the price I paid (20$ for 50 - they were free but I added envelopes for 5$ and the cheapest shipping to canada was 15$)

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

i've always been really impressed with mine. i wonder if yours are defective. i've seen mine on people's desks & they are in great shape after going through the mail.

I'll go compair the thickness...

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:59 AM

Oh no!!! I just ordered mine last week!! I think your idea of the cardboard is a good one!!! Would be a pain but would keep them nice too!!!

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:03 PM

mine are as thick as my cardstock & the cover of a paperback book. I don't put them in envelopes & they arrive fine. I've been really happy with them.

#5 Leslie-Xcaret09

Leslie-Xcaret09
          • 939 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

Im surprised because I was very impressed with mine also! None of mine got ruined in the mail and I did not use envelopes. Maybe they were defective? Or ...maybe they make them different now? strange

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

I haven't mailed any of mine yet, but I have ordered two different sets from VP and I think the quality is great for the price of shipping. Perhaps they have changed the paper they use? Or perhaps they have heavier postcards as the norm in Canada??

#7 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
              • 933 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

i made mine on shutterfly and they are great. you want me to email you my "thank you" from the sand?
                My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#8 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
                • 98 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

I was really impressed with mine as well. I was actually afraid that they were going to be really thin and cheap looking. But I loved them. I have gotten a few back in the mail and there were a little damaged, but nothing terrible. And I just sent them by themselves.

#9 SunBride

SunBride
                  • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

mine were shipped from canada, so probably printed in canada too and the printing must be different.

so you guys find that it is the same as a regular postcard?

They are definitely thicker than regular paper, but only about half as thick as a regular postcard (and I'm not talking canadian postcards, because I have postcards from all over the world!) So I would say they are kinda like photo paper?

Maybe I'll call and complain, I assumed it was the norm but now I think it's to do with their canadian printing shop.

Thanks amandalovesryan but I have mine aleady designed (as in my signature).

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:33 PM

mine are definitly thicker than photopaper. but i think a regular postcard might be thicker. I'll check...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users