So my bad turns to worse...(another long vent post)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

I am so sorry you are going through all of this right now. Sending love and positive vibes your way!

#42 KarmaB

• 796 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

Christina, It's great to see you posting again. I'm glad the time off helped you. I hope things continue to get better for you.

Can't wait to see your DIY stuff!

#43 jajajaja

• VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:21 AM

I'm glad to hear that things are starting to look up. That just shows what a strong person you are. Keep us posted if you need anything. :)
        Happily married since 2008

#44 caroline

• 697 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

Shit! And I thought *I* was having a bad week... not nearly as bad as yours, TT.

Big hug coming your way - I'm especially sorry about the miscarriage...

Take a breather. As Harty said, these things seem to come in threes... and you've definately had yours~

#45 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:00 PM

Christina, you are such a trooper!!! I am glad to hear that yu are dealing with everything with such a a great attitude. I believe that things have nowhere to go but up for you. Sending you lots of hugs in the meantime :)

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#46 starfish kate

starfish kate
            • 455 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

I feel for you! I'm glad to hear you are doing a bit better. I'm in a similar situation- thank goodness unemployment benefits have been extended! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right??

#47 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

My god.... I dont know what to say other than Im so sorry You know all us girls are here for you no matter what.

#48 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

*As usual, this is a little long, sorry!*

So to add to the long list of drama I have going on, I have sad news (damn I need a 'Lifetime movie' story) I didnt want to share this with the forum at 1st b/c I feel like I've been the 'grim reaper' of the forum for the past month. But I thought I would get some suggestions since you guys give such great advice.

Lets see if I can make this story as concise as possible....

Last week one of my flower girls passed away. She was only 7. She is one of my close friends step daughter. My friend was actually in China with her daughter (my other flower girl) while this happened, and her husband was at home with the little girl by himself (1st time watching her without anyone else). Evidently she was eating and choked to death while her dad was upstairs

My friend has been going through sooooo much drama with the little girl's mom from the beginning. The mom did not allow them to see the little girl regularly up until this year. So they were banned from attending the funeral services. And were told to be expecting a lawsuit! (Thats only the tip of the iceberg, I could go on for days...)

Here's where I come in...

So my friend mentioned that they were still planning on attending my wedding (even though I stressed to her I would totally understand if they couldnt) But she thinks it would be a good break for them. So I'm wondering should I make a little 'memorial section' in my program to honor her or do something special as part of my ceremony. I am not sure if that is appropriate and I dont want to make anyone feel uneasy at such a joyous ocassion. But technically, since she was supposed to be a flower girl, I kind of feel like I need to do something, just not sure what. KWIM I'm open to any and all ideas.

I saw a recent post (I think Jessica started) about something similar but didnt want to take over another thread.

Thanks in advance.
                  2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#49 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

wow christina, that is so horrible!!! i am so sorry to hear this - really this is just terrible. big hug to you and your friends, what a sad event to go through.

I absolutely think it would be appropriate - but if I were you I would run it by your friend first and see how they feel about it. If it would make them at all uneasy or uncomfortable then leave it out, but if they give you the go ahead, I think it would be a nice little tribute.

#50 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

OMG Christina - you have been put through the ringer. what a horrible tradegy!

i definitely you should do a little section for her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users