Our entire wedding party has dumped us :o(

I'm so sad for you frown.gif, I know you must be heartbroken and disappointed. But I agree with the other ladies, if what you and FI wanted was a destination wedding well then don't let anyone stop you. (Not even parents who are being pains in the ass, lol).

You guys can be perfectly happy having an intimate ceremony between just the two of you and still enjoy the beauty of the DR. While it's nice to celebrate with family and friends, the day is ultimately about you as a couple. I hope whatever you decide, your day brings you plenty of hapiness and joy hug2.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of what would have been our bridal party can't make it. But, they are wonderful friends who I know are so happy for us & will love and support us. It just wasn't the right time financially or they couldn't take the time off.

Our magic number was 6. if we had 6 guests we wanted a DW. Any less & we'd elope. If we eloped we would ahve gone somewhere more exotic though. Mexico was our choice because it's affordable for our guests. With no guests we would have probably gone to Belize or Costa Rica. Maybe Greece. Eloping can be so freeing. You can do whatever you want.

Im in agreement with Kevsgirl!

Did you choose a DW on the beach for a particular reason? If its to have people come then I understand your reasons for backing out. But if its something that you and your FI personally want to do no matter how many people showed up then I say do it anyways.

I'm with everyone - tell them all "screw you" and go and do it the way YOU want to do it.

Mine have done the same to me and to be honest I don't give a flying fuck because they will only whinge, whine and moan while they are there. I just wish FI's lot would back out and then I would be in bliss lol

Honestly don't cancel it because then they will have won! x

I agree, if it has always been something you and your FI wanted to do, then still have your DW of your dreams. It will be just as wonderful and maybe more romantic if it's just the two of you. Plus you'll save a crap load of money only having to pay for 2 versus many more. You can always have a AHR or something when you return.

Just a side note, no one from my side of the family went to our wedding for one reason or another, I was sad and upset with them, and they were the same ones that wanted me to throw an AHR and IMO if they didn't even care to come to my wedding, I didn't want to fork over the money to give them what they wanted. Their loss IMO.

wow that really sucks! i'm so sorry you have to deal with that and now try to decide on something that works. my vote is either elope and have your own private DW, or do both! have an AHW, then do a DW with anyone who can make it, that's what we're doing. originally only about 5 people were going to make it to our DW, and 200 were invited to our AHW. now we've got 19 people booked and paid for our DW! so you never know :)

MORGAN! your siggy pic freakin cracks me up! OMG, too too cute :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra E. View Post
I'm sorry you're going through this, but you can still have a DW wedding with you and your FI. Don't let other people change your plans, have you consider doing a reception or an engagement party?
exactly! dont let people change what you two want. i say still have a dw! its their loss! so sorry you're dealing with this horse sh*t. why cant people be supportive. fencing.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Just a side note, no one from my side of the family went to our wedding for one reason or another, I was sad and upset with them, and they were the same ones that wanted me to throw an AHR and IMO if they didn't even care to come to my wedding, I didn't want to fork over the money to give them what they wanted. Their loss IMO.
This is exactly what I went through with my MIL who wanted to throw a big party (70+ people!) when we got back. She wanted me to wear my dress and everything. I told her no way, if they wanted to see a wedding they would have come down... sux to be them!

Go anyway, and have the time of your life! We did, there were 10 of us (including us!) It was perfect!

this is sad, but i am with the girls on eloping. it's your day, you should spend it the way you want to. don't change your plans just to make other people happy. plus your date is still a little ways away, i'm sure some will change their minds.