Newly Engaged

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 biancagwinn

• 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:30 PM

Hi all!!

I just recently got engaged and am looking forward to getting married but am a little intimidated by the whole process. My FI and I absolutely want a destination wedding, so I am hoping that the process will be a bit less stressful and more enjoyable than if we had wanted to do a more local affair.

We haven't yet picked an exact date yet, but am looking at having our wedding potentially in May '09 or October '09, depending on availability, weather, and prices.

So far, we have narrowed down our potential locations to Cabo, PV, St. Lucia, Negril, MoBay, Kauai, and Maui. Any suggestions on these locations would be appreciated.

I look forward to reading all of your wonderful stories, tidbits of advice, and recommendations!

#2 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

Welcome to the forum, and happy planning!!
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#3 Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,490 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:43 PM

welcome to the forum! All of your potential places sound great and there is so much info here I am sure you will find something perfect for you!

#4 Goldstein to Be

Goldstein to Be
        • 160 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hi! Congrats! You'll find tons of useful info on this site and everyone is really happy to provide suggestions. Good luck!

#5 Kryztan

• 743 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

Congrats.....and welcome to the forum

#6 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:13 PM

Welcome & congrats!! You'll find alot of info here on your different choices for locations so you'll narrow it down in no time!

#7 MelanieS

• 820 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

Welcome and congratulations on your engagement! There's lots of info on your potential locations here. Good luck!

#8 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:39 PM

all of those places sounds amazing!! i'm sure you can find a lot of info here that can help you decide!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#9 Autumn

• 1,166 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

congrats and welcome to the forum!!
                    you're going to love it here :)

#10 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
                    • 4,853 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

Hi Bianca,

Congrats and welcome! Sounds like you have some great places to choose from. I have photographed a wedding in Kauai, and it is a really beautiful place with not much development to spoil the natural beauty of the island. If you choose Kauai, you should definitely plan on taking a helicopter tour, as it's really an amazing experience. You can't go wrong if you end up choosing Kauai. But, the other places are beautiful as well, so it's not an easy choice I'm afraid.

Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users