How early did you ask?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:34 AM

I asked probably right around thet ime I got engaged... a 1.5 year before the big day! LOL.
    Most people say though to wait until 6-9 months before the wedding, and I think this is good advice because wit hsome people, friendships DO change... so youi never know.
    Lucky for me, it's mostly my family so this was all okay.

#22 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
    • 2,183 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:09 PM

Within the month that I got engaged, I was planning the perfect way to ask them and it took me a bit to find it. :)

#23 MrsFisher2B

• 104 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:13 AM

We are 19 months away from our wedding and I am trying my hardest not to ask too early. We'll see how long I can last :)

#24 Pisces

• 255 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

I say, the sooner the better. If I was asked to be in a DW I would want lots of time to save. We're not having a bridal party though.

ETA: Also, if you ask sooner and someone declines, it leaves you time to ask someone else and still not seem like you're asking "a back-up" lol.. and gives time for everyone to save.
          Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#25 junebride2b

• 81 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:43 PM

I asked within the first couple months. If these are your good friends you know right away..and I couldn't keep it to my self any longer. I sent them personalized cookies to ask them and almost couldn't wait the week for them to be made and delivered!!

#26 EricaG

• 1,915 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

We asked our bridal party right away after getting engaged. Everyone knew it was going to be happening anyway, so it was more a question of when. Now just to get them all booked, so far 2 girls have booked and 1 guy!
              My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users