Sign in to follow this  
MrsFisher2B

How early did you ask?

I asked probably right around thet ime I got engaged... a 1.5 year before the big day! LOL.

Most people say though to wait until 6-9 months before the wedding, and I think this is good advice because wit hsome people, friendships DO change... so youi never know.

Lucky for me, it's mostly my family so this was all okay.

I say, the sooner the better. If I was asked to be in a DW I would want lots of time to save. We're not having a bridal party though.

ETA: Also, if you ask sooner and someone declines, it leaves you time to ask someone else and still not seem like you're asking "a back-up" lol.. and gives time for everyone to save.

I asked within the first couple months. If these are your good friends you know right away..and I couldn't keep it to my self any longer. I sent them personalized cookies to ask them and almost couldn't wait the week for them to be made and delivered!!

We asked our bridal party right away after getting engaged. Everyone knew it was going to be happening anyway, so it was more a question of when. Now just to get them all booked, so far 2 girls have booked and 1 guy!