Photo

Help me find this setting

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

Morgan is good at finding the crushed diamonds! Want to come to NYC for a shopping trip tomorrow Morgan? LOL.

Btw I had never been to the diamond district before and they are scary. They are like sharks hovering over you for your blood. You could be standing outside looking at the display windows, they will come outside and offer you anything and everything. They desperately need to make a buck! Ha! I was so intimidated.

#22 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

micro pave brings up a lot of stuff like that too

Click the image to open in full size.

#23 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
        Morgan is good at finding the crushed diamonds! Want to come to NYC for a shopping trip tomorrow Morgan? LOL.

Btw I had never been to the diamond district before and they are scary. They are like sharks hovering over you for your blood. You could be standing outside looking at the display windows, they will come outside and offer you anything and everything. They desperately need to make a buck! Ha! I was so intimidated.
        don't tempt me. i've never been to NYC. I'm not sure that my shopping skills match my googling skills.

#24 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:32 PM

That will end up very pretty Glenda. I have smooshed diamonds on mine too. LOL
          Happily married since 2008

#25 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
          Yes Maura exactly what your ring looks like. Same type of band and everything. Only I want diamonds surrounding the main stone.

Gosh I've seen your ring a million times and it always makes me gasp...it is so beautiful!
          i originally wanted my ring to have micro pave around the center stone too but jose hated how it looked. when we went shopping for rings the first time to get an idea of what we liked (how it looks on my hand not just what i liked from a magazine photo ad), we went to tiffany and i tried on a tiffany novo that was about $17K. we both loved how it looked but there was no way i was asking him to drop $17K on a ring. so we went to a jeweler in the diamond dist. here and showed him a photo of the novo, and then we customized it to have a raised cathedral setting. the novo is really delicate and easy to snag because of the way the diamond sits atop the band. with the cathedral setting i have, the diamond sits a little lower into the band, but high enough that i can fit a flat ring (not the curved, which i also hate like you do) flush against my e-ring. a jeweler should be able to do that custom setting for you to make the center stone & shared beed micro pave around the stone high enough to fit a flush ring. i can take some close up pics for you tonight to show you how high it sits. from the underside of the band all the way to the top of the surface of the diamond, my ring measures about 3/4 of 1 centimeter. my band is 2 mm wide and 2 mm thick (except the underside of the band where it is exposed on the downward facing side of my hand, it is 1.5 mm thick)

#26 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:37 PM

#27 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              don't tempt me. i've never been to NYC. I'm not sure that my shopping skills match my googling skills.
              I know everytime I google micro-pave I get tons of pics but none of them are what I want. Come on over! NY would love to have you. I can show you around. To our right we have a druggie who sleeps on the street, to the left is the naked cowboy who plays the guitar in his underwear, that stench you smell is eau de piss, that feeling of death crawling on your skin is our 100 degree heat wave, that man that just honked at you and yelled curse words at you while flipping you off is just a taxi cab driver welcoming you to his neighborhood...that bill you got that you think is your lunch tab is really just a tax on your pack of gum. Hope you like taxes we got lots of them!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
              That will end up very pretty Glenda. I have smooshed diamonds on mine too. LOL
              Don't you just love my description of things? "Smooshed". LOL

#28 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

glenda, i found some pics i took that show how high my ring sits, maybe this will help, it also shows how my wedding band sits flush against my e-ring

#29 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
                I know everytime I google micro-pave I get tons of pics but none of them are what I want. Come on over! NY would love to have you. I can show you around. To our right we have a druggie who sleeps on the street, to the left is the naked cowboy who plays the guitar in his underwear, that stench you smell is eau de piss, that feeling of death crawling on your skin is our 100 degree heat wave, that man that just honked at you and yelled curse words at you while flipping you off is just a taxi cab driver welcoming you to his neighborhood...that bill you got that you think is your lunch tab is really just a tax on your pack of gum. Hope you like taxes we got lots of them!
                For the record, I found all of this quite charming. I loved NYC and can't wait to go back and experience the weird smells and a constant sense of paranoia. :)
                Happily married since 2008

#30 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
                  ha ha! I feel like I just had a guided tour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users