Photo

ROR Photographer's Policy Change

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 starryeyedbride2b

starryeyedbride2b
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

Very important to know for upcoming ROR brides...My wedding is coming up next month at ROR and I guess I received the standard email from Michael (resort photographer) concerning his photography services. Michael/Photoshop is NO LONGER ACCEPTING CREDIT CARDS!!! I just want everyone to know this as you are making your plans. See the excerpt below from the email and the updated price list with the same info.

Part of email from Michael:
    Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage. We take pride in our work as photographers and videographers to capture unforgettable moments in exceptional surroundings of your dream wedding and honeymoon.

(deleted some of the middle text)
    • Please also take into consideration that the time included in the wedding package purchased by the hotel starts at the time given on the papers by the weding department. Any delays in appearance will be charged as extra hours if requested.
    • Due to a very close timetable with the weddings at the Property, some extensions might not be possible if not arranged earlier ( we just simply need to do the next wedding then,otherwise we would get a second photographer to stay with you)
    • The prices in the pricelist (always valid for 1 year) are cash prices - credit cards are no longer accepted to increased number of credit card fraud, illegal chargebacks and merchant fees. We apologize the inconvenience.

Attached Files

#2 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
    • 2,262 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

He's gonna lose a lot of business isn't he!! what an idiot!

#3 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

That's crazy! With those prices how can you not take credit cards??
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#4 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
        • 802 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

Be sure to walk with Travelers or Cashiers Checks. Never carry that much cash on you.

#5 SunBride

SunBride
          • 1,499 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:08 PM

wow, what a great info package though! I wish my resort offered detailed information like that. I had no idea how much it would cost for extra hours, only how much it would cost for extra prints. This information is so detailed! Super helpful for making an informed decision.

#6 KHarrod

KHarrod
            • 902 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

How may pics do you get with the free package?

#7 starryeyedbride2b

starryeyedbride2b
              • 111 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Pictures were the one thing I was going to charge and pay off when I returned home...Gotta go to plan B. Yes, that sucks! Glad to find out now while I can adjust my plans.

#8 Jenn

Jenn
                • 1,557 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:08 PM

I would definitely say to bring traveller's checks, because that is way too much cash to have to carry. And $15 per image on CD?!? That seems like highway robbery!

#9 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                  • 1,260 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KHarrod
                    How may pics do you get with the free package?
                    ZERO!! Nada Zip Nuttin
                    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#10 Dbld78

Dbld78
                    • Banned
                    • 665 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:53 PM

These people seem to change their policies with the tide... Not good business practice at all. Much luck to you ladies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users