My invites!! (done on a Gocco)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 RyanAmanda

• 235 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

My invites are done and mailed out!

I had big elaborate plans for our invites but then needed to get them out ASAP so the big plans went down the drain. (Luckily) I had already ordered supplies from Cards and Pockets but (unluckily) hadn't designed anything. We got our travel rates on Thursday May 22nd and found out fuel was going up $100 at the end of May so anyone who booked within the first week, only had to pay $177.25 in taxes instead of $277.25. So I spent the weekend of the 23rd/24th quickly designing/making the invites so that they went out on the 25th for those that wanted to book before the end of May.

The supplies are all from Cards and Pockets and they were printed on a Gocco - the entire invite, from the picture, font, address on the envelope, etc. was ALL gocco'ed. Nothing was done by a printer. For those of you that read Weddingbee, you'll know all about Gocco - the thing is, you only ever see the amazing "bees" make stuff and not normal non-crafty people like me so I thought I would post pictures. For those of you not familiar with Gocco, it's a Japanese printing machine. The easiest way to explain it is that it makes a 'stamp' of anything you want. So the ink is different - it's hard to explain, I guess it sort of looks more like it was done on a typewriter then a printer. I wish I had a good picture of how it looked but I have a bad camera so you can't really tell.

The great thing about the Gocco is that (aside from the ink drying time), it's super quick! I made 75 invites and (not including drying time) it only took about 30 minutes per card (RSVP, Mexico, and then the main info card). So including assembly, it only took me about 2-3 hours.

Oh, the font, etc. are fuzzy because of my camera. On the invites it's crisp and clear!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to everyone who I drew inspiration from!!!

#2 Amy&Andy

• VIP Member
    • 3,405 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

Amanda those look great! I love the blue floral artwork! Nice job :)

#3 Yvette

• 510 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

they turned out so great!

#4 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

They are lovely and excuse me for being ignorant but what is gocco? Ok I re reread it and I still dont get it so I will google it now.

They are still fantanstic invites though

#5 Yari

• VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

They look awesome!

#6 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

I love them. would never thought you were rushed to do them, i would think you were designing them for a really long time. I adore the font you used for your names and titles.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 RyanAmanda

• 235 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

lol....you're not ignorant for not knowing what a Gocco is. I own one and I still don't really get what it is!

It's this weird machine that you put a screen and bulbs in with your image (a printout from your computer, photo, etc.). You push down and the bulbs go off - I swear it's so bright you think it made you go blind! Anywhere on your image that was black is then 'burned' into the screen. You put ink on the screen and then you're ready to 'stamp'. I bought pre-cut cards from Cards and Pockets and just lined it up on the machine, pushed the screen against it and presto! The image is printed on the card.

It's great for things that you can't put through a printer. I was going to print a quote on the outside of the pocketfold (which is something I couldn't have put through my printer) but didn't have time to find a quote.

#8 beachbride08

• VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:15 PM

Those are beautiful! Now I want a gocco.

#9 monicaswave

• 450 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

That looks really good!!!! Now I want one too... I looked up the gocco and they don't have a dealer in Houston

#10 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

they look great... and especially since you got them out so quickly (weddingbeller) the are truly amazing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users