Family member vent

Copita

Holy cow, the nerve of some ppl! Sounds like someone's trying to get a free vacation. What a jerk, sorry your family member's being so difficult. Why can't ppl just be nice? If money's an issue and she can't do it financially, then she should just say so. If she/they can't make the trip, then they can't. But guilting you into paying for their trip jis way crossing the line and wrong on many levels. Shame on her!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your cousin is crazy. I know in the very old ages and mainly for very formal events it was custom to pay for your guest's travel but definetly not if it's a destination wedding. That would be absolutely outrageous. Show her the following page from the knot.com where it says you are not obligated. By the way this article talks about weddings in general so I would assume that it applies even more to a DW:

The Knot - Q&A: Wedding Guests: Should You Pay their Expenses?

"You're not obligated to pay your wedding guests' travel or hotel expenses. It is nice, however, to make it easier on guests by letting them know when your wedding will be as early as possible so they can start calling around for good airfares. You should also research hotels to see where you can get a good group rate; often, when a wedding party brings in a lot of guests, the hotel will give a discount to the group. You shouldn’t actually make the reservations, rather reserve a block of rooms, and then send your guests the hotel information they'll need along with the invitations. They should be given a reservation number, the nightly rate, as well as what to say when they call"

good call monica.

also sweetie -- my sister (who was also my MOH) did the same thing your cousin is doing to you. she said she was under the impression that it was my responsibility to pay for her trip plus a hotel room for her & her boyfriend, even though one of my aunts had offered to let my sister stay in her room for free with her, so long as she didn't bring the BF. my sister refused. sometimes you just have to look at people and say WTF is wrong with youhuh.gif KWIM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
how fucking RUDE!
My feeling exactly. Maura, love how you tell it like it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I'm sorry but she is acting like the flower girl is some service she can charge for.
Exactly! INSANE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
Your cousin must of smoked some good stuff that day. .
I know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
From the way that you wrote it, it appears that you asked the FG AFTER your cousin assured you they were coming. So why would that be on you?
I asked her to be a flower girl about NINE months after she said she would FOR SURE be at the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Martha View Post
And, I am sorry, but I can maybe see paying for a small portion for your FG, but not for everyone! Hell to the NO!
FIve. Count it on your hands.. FIVE people. FOUR adults, ONE flower girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monicaswave View Post
Your cousin is crazy.
Straight and to the point. Couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
sometimes you just have to look at people and say WTF is wrong with youhuh.gif KWIM?
EXACTLY! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!
Weddings do bring out the worst in everyone!!!!

First of all, let me say how ALL of you guys just made me LOL and almost pee my pants reading your comments! I LOVE BDW! You guys are great!!!
I was SO pissed off when I read my cousin's email that I swear, my heart was beating faster. LOL. Now I'm better but, I just could not believe anyone would say that to anyone!

thewave.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
Stacey, she hasn't written me back (OF COURSE) but I will DEFINITELY keep you guys posted.
At the end of my email I told her to call me with any questions.

YEAH RIGHT!
You should have put your new phone # 1-800-go-Fuckyourslef

HAhaha

Dear me! Call the scientific community because we have found a woman with a set!

I mean jeezus!

I think your next step is to just let her know that if they won't be attending the wedding, would she please send the FG dress back to you because so-and-so are booked and bringing their lovely daughter with them and you're going to reassign the FG duties to her.

WTF!!!

I'd tell her to go shove her head right up her arse!! then when she's finished SHE can tell her kid why they aren't going to the wedding basically because she is a money grabbing twat!! (sorry was that harsh lol)

I hate people who want the world and do nowt to help themselves!!

My advice bin the flower girl and tell her to piss off!!! girl_werewolf.gifsmile117.gif