Photo

Family member vent

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Copita

Copita
  • 979 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:24 PM

My cousin assured me she would be coming to my wedding last summer. Her, her daughter, her sis, my aunt, etc.
    I made her daughter my flower girl.
    About one week ago, she emails, saying, please provide us with more info on the resort, etc, so we can make reservations and get everything together (I'd already sent them an invitation).
    So we talked and I gave her all the info. No problem.
    Last week, she emails, and I quote, "Since my daughter is a flower girl in your wedding, it's only logical that you pay for our hotel stay, it would make complete sense to me that way." And said some things about how she's got a lot of bills lately, etc.
    W
    T
    F.
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL no. I can't believe she was so rude. WTF. You don't TELL someone they have to PAY for your hotel stay (her and FIVE other people) when it's THEIR wedding!!!! I had to wait a couple days to respond because I was so pissed, guys!
    I bought the flower girl her dress and all of her accessories already, too.
    So I emailed her back and told her, I dont want to create a burden for you by any means to come to my wedding but I am sorry, I cannot pay for your hotel stay since I am paying for my wedding and as you can imagine, a wedding can be costly.

No response.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    So infuriating to me that people can be so presumptious and just expect things!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

how fucking RUDE! less than a month from your wedding she asks this does she completely have her head up her ass or what?!

#3 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

That is just wrong on so many levels. WTF?

I would be fuming too.

#4 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

WOW! I'm sorry! People can be soooo rude
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#5 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:37 PM

I'm sorry but she is acting like the flower girl is some service she can charge for. WTH- I mean I know you want her in the wedding but geez- asking someone to pay for the trip is a little far fetched.

Crazy crazy people.
          Happily married since 2008

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

Your cousin must of smoked some good stuff that day. Can she honestly think that you should pay for their trip? Maybe she just said that so you could say no and than she would have an excuse not to go.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

From the way that you wrote it, it appears that you asked the FG AFTER your cousin assured you they were coming. So why would that be on you?

If it IS important to you, you can offer to pay for the FG's portion of the room. Which is probably nothing since she is a child!

#8 Martha

Martha
              • VIP Member
              • 3,906 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

Umm...why has she NOT even booked her trip yet? The prices will be outrageous this close out!!!

And, I am sorry, but I can maybe see paying for a small portion for your FG, but not for everyone! Hell to the NO!

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

Wow.. so totally rude. You should write back and say please let me know if we can expect you at my wedding.. need numbers for RSVP's etc. Crikey!

#10 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by carly
                    From the way that you wrote it, it appears that you asked the FG AFTER your cousin assured you they were coming. So why would that be on you?
                    Good point Carly.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users