Carly's Beaches Boscobel review

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 JamaicaBride2009

JamaicaBride2009
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

Steph,
    My fiance and I are getting married at Beaches Boscobel on January 11. When I called WC Renee, to ask about food choices, she did tell me that we could make two choices based on the number of people we have attending (around 50 guests). The only thing... we have to let her know ahead of time how many meals of each type we will need. In addition, we can choose one "child friendly" dinner. We will probably go with chicken fingers and french fries... pretty common kid food, right? Renee was helpful... so far so good...
    Jodi

#32 fifiblondie

fifiblondie
    • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the info! I am also coordinating wedding plans with Renee & e-mailed me the same response just yesterday, so that is good! I have also had good luck with her so far, she has been very quick to reply to all of my questions! Happy planning! We will have to compare notes since our dates are so close!

#33 fifiblondie

fifiblondie
      • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

Carly,
        Did they provide any flowers or decoration for the ceremony or did you have to purchase it all??

#34 JackieK

JackieK
        • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

That's great information! And you had a beautiful wedding!! Congrats!
          Jackie

#35 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

Carly - you are so right Godfrey does look like Carlton! I love FPOB it is like my fave show to watch at night! HA! How funny! Anyways it sounds like you guys had a great time (other than the WC crap and losing the certificate) Thanks for the review and the pics!!

#36 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:46 AM

They provided a table for the sand ceremony and my bouquet and Matt's bout was included in the package that we bought. No arches or anything else was included and they way overcharge for that stuff, so we did without.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by fifiblondie
              Carly,
              Did they provide any flowers or decoration for the ceremony or did you have to purchase it all??

#37 tareema

tareema
              • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:48 PM

i talked to renee a couple of times and she emailed me some info, but when i asked questions about what she sent me, she didn't respond, so i ask my travel agent to find out everything for me. my travel agent also stated that she wouldn't be the wc in jamaica and that she's based out of miami.

#38 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:55 AM

Tareema - that is all true. The WC on site is named Cavel, or at least that's who was there when I was married.

I was severely disappointed in my lack of contact with Renee and numerous times had my TA step in to get information for me. My TA even had to go above Renee's head to supervisors on occasion.

If you have questions or information, you should post it in the Beaches Boscobel thread, as one of the other girls/guys might be able to help you out, or if you have info, it might help someone else out. Here is the thread that I mean - http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t7327

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users