Photo

Ceremony Music

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa09

Lisa09
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:03 PM

I'm thinking I'd like a harpist, is it weird to go all the way to Maui and not have something more Hawaiian? I don't want total Hawaiian like dancers and stuff.

#2 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

Harp was an option from my WC. I don't think it's odd at all. If it's what you want, do it. We're opting for a guitarist, but were at one point seriously considering the harpist.

#3 Lisa09

Lisa09
      • 22 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

Are you getting the guitarist thru the WC or did you find one yourself. Did you get to hear samples of the person who will be performing? I tried to find some guitarist w/samples only found a couple. I found a harpist I really like, so I'm really leaning in that direction.

#4 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
        • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:12 PM

We're using the guitarist that the WC is recommending. I haven't heard him, and (shockingly) I'm ok with that. It's the same guitarist that I've seen in a ton of the pictures in thier album, so it appears that they've been using him for awhile.

I guess I am just so used to hiring guitarists locally for my job that I never even questioned what he sounds like.

#5 SAM

SAM
          • 542 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:06 PM

I'm looking for a musician for our ceremony. Future hubby is against a harpist and I'm not really sold on it either. Anybody know of a guitarist? So far I really like Jaime Lawrence. He has lots of samples

#6 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:44 AM

We are using a guitarist as well but I have no idea who he is.. haha

Our wedding planner is arranging that and I trust her judgment :)

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

We are using a Hawaiian guitarist for our ceremony. As for the reception, there will be a 4 or 5 piece Hawaiian band playing on the terrace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users