Could work stop my DW from happening?
Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:56 PM
Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:55 PM
| Originally Posted by Mandy |
What's going on with your back? Is it something that you're going to recover from fairly quickly? Are you trying to avoid a fusion? I'm a PA that works for a neurosurgeon, so we deal with this every day. Can your doctor help out with work? I know we often write return to work forms that help out the patient. If it's work comp, you're in a whole new ball game and may have more rights than they realize. Which also may be why they're being like this. I don't know how many work comp cases we get that end up having to leave the job they were injured on (often on "request" of the employer).
Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:04 PM
| Originally Posted by lucy106 |
Hey Mandy, unfortunately I have had a microdiscectomy and a multi level spinal fusion already that was complicated by a PE and a DVT. Tomorrow they are removing some scar tissue from my S1 nerve root via Caudal Epidural Adhesionolysis. I have had my ortho and the pain doc write notes for me. Not workmans comp unfortunately, that woulda made life to easy, ha! Thanks for chiming in!
Wow, you're young to have a fusion! Make sure you keep those core muscles strong so you have the best long-term outlook possible! (I know, I can't help but say it!)
Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:48 PM
Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:06 PM
I also agree with those who said that they shouldn't be able to hold up a decision on your time off request to see how your back pans out.
Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:21 PM
Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:03 PM
Work has turned into even bigger a-holes then ever. I was told they are taking my light duty spot away since I have been on it so long and someone else needs it from an off duty related injury. Well in the meantime my FI and I had already decided that I would be filing for disability through my police pension as this has been my doctor and physical therapists recommendation all along. So...I have filed for disability and have until Aug 11 until my light duty is gone. This also means that we are going to probably be getting married here before we go to Cancun because I will need to be on my FI insurance. Our COBRA is $500 a month, ridiculous. So since our wedding date is so close we figure worse case scenario we go get hitched at the court house (have to admit I am kind of looking forward to that aspect) and no one even needs to know.
As far as my latest procedure it went well, thank goodness for anasthesia!! I am feeling pretty good but mentally kind of a mess right now.
I have been looking into getting into the Travel field or event planning so any TA's or WCs out there who have advise on how to do this I would love to hear it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users