Freaking out - Dreams

i just checked this post

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...1-6#post410308

looks like someone just got married there in April and there are two girls going in July. I would pm them all. You can find out how the resort and the wedding is from the girl who got married in April. and maybe check if the other girls are having any issues with the planning portion and maybe one of them did a site visit. goodluck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
i just checked this post
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...1-6#post410308
looks like someone just got married there in April and there are two girls going in July. I would pm them all. You can find out how the resort and the wedding is from the girl who got married in April. and maybe check if the other girls are having any issues with the planning portion and maybe one of them did a site visit. goodluck.
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
I wouldn't live by tripadvisor. In my experience, people are just a tad crazy. I only listen to the reviews that thoughtfully list the good with the bad. If they go crazy one way or the other, they probably are too easy to please or too hard to please.

Our resort had TERRIBLE reviews before we left. People complained right and left of bed bugs and food poisoning. I didn't have encounters with either- not that I know what a bed bug looks like but I'm sure if there were some I would have known. And I also thought the food was good the two weeks we were there.

Try not to panic. :) Plus all Dreams resorts are usually top notch.
You'd know if you got bed bugs because you get a line of red bites on you at night. they are terrible. two of my friends brought them back from a departmental retreat in myrtle beach. They spent a combined $1000 to get rid of them.

If you are worried about getting bed bugs at a hotel, leave your luggage in your trunk for a few days & the heat will kill them. of course that only works when it's hot out. You can also wrap them in black garbage bags & fry the little guys.

when i go to a hotel now I check for bedbugs. You look along the baseboards of the beds & on the sheets for blood spots. hijacked.gif

Also, keep in mind that alot of people go to these all inclusives and go absolutely nuts with eating and drinking. Drink enough coconut drinks and you are going to be visiting the bathroom alot. The best plan is to be smart about what you are eating and drinking. If it is supposed to be hot and it isnt then dont eat it. Same for cold food. If something doesnt look right then pass on it. We have never had a problem at these resorts. We do take Acidopholous leading up to the trip, during and the few weeks after and I swear it makes a difference. We went to Cozumel with a couple of friends on a side trip away from our resort once. All of us did the Acidopholous thing except our friends hubby who thought it was stupid. We all ate and drank the same stuff on the excursion and he got sick. The rest of us were fine. After that I never go to these locations without taking it.

I agree with the PP. Coconut milk acts as a natural laxative, and along with many more drinks than one would consume normally, plus the cooking oil they use is a bit different - of course someone not eating 'smart' will get sick.

And it makes sense they would just call it food poisoning.

I also recommend contacting the gal that got married there ni April and see what she says. The Dreams Punta Cana resort is gorgeous, and we chose it because we thought it was the best (and we got a good rate!).

Bottom line: this kind of thing can happen at ANY resort ANYWHERE in the Caribbean. It all depends on all sorts of factors. I think letting your guests know what sort of things can lead to feeling a little sick in the tummy is the best kind of prevention for any trip down south.

Hope you figure it out, and can choose your resort. :)

I dont like to read people's comments on Tripadvisor bc its usually one extreme or the other and then I'll get too nervous & paranoid. I have read several bride's reviews on the Dreams Forum (Dreams Resorts & Spas - Register) but I guess they are probably a bit biased since its a Dreams site. You can also try this site that has several reviews on recent Dreams PC visitors Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa Reviews - Punta Cana - Debbie's Dominican Republic Travel Page - Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa Resort Photos.

I think one of the bride's on this forum is currently at Dreams getting married (Ticia), hopefully she will come back with a great wedding review. wink.gif