TA is bugging me

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CJEB

CJEB
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

Hello

TA said that it is not routine to confirm wedding with Ocean blue until 12months before. They will then confirm the wedding date and send details such as wedding package / options etc. On booking we were told it would take 7 days to confirm - then 14 days - one month later we told it still not going to be confirmed for at least another 2 months!

want to plan!

They still haven't guaranteed that I will have my wedding then! All they seem to want to do is get the money!

#2 CJEB

CJEB
    • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

PS - forgot to add. TA said never mind it will be likely to be ok considering we are booking over 12 months ahead

Well if we can't have our wedding then don't take our £6K!

#3 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
      • 2,262 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

You're lucky my TA wouldn't even book my wedding I had to do it myself!!

Mind you i think i'd be contacting the hotel myself and asking them to confirm - don't take any crap off them some TA's in UK are shocking

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

so they took your deposit and aren't confirming for two months? WTF they shouldn't take a deposit so early if they dont confirm.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 Debs

Debs
          • VIP Member
          • 7,104 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

I booked my wedding with the WC of Ocean Blue directly once I booked my holiday and knew what day I wanted.

Because I had contacted her so far in advance I was the first in line to choose the time when it came time for her to book with the officiant. Turned out we went with a symbolic anyway, so we had our first choice in time. The other wedding that day had to work around my schedule.

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

Can't you just contact the WC yourself?
              Happily married since 2008

#7 Copita

Copita
              • 979 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

^^ I agree with you.
                Contact the WC yourself. Why do you need TA to do it? If she can't confirm it, do NOT give her 6K of your loot.

#8 Debs

Debs
                • VIP Member
                • 7,104 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:27 PM

BTW, I confirmed my date with the Ocean Blue WC in March 07 for our April 08 wedding.

#9 vale

vale
                  • 437 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Debs
                    I booked my wedding with the WC of Ocean Blue directly once I booked my holiday and knew what day I wanted.

Because I had contacted her so far in advance I was the first in line to choose the time when it came time for her to book with the officiant. Turned out we went with a symbolic anyway, so we had our first choice in time. The other wedding that day had to work around my schedule.
                    This is how I did it too, I contacted the WC direct, we booked the holiday online so we don't have a travel agent, then I got in contact with WC myself to see if they had about 3 dates free, that I was considering and then just had the 10th July confirmed. I did this last August 07, for the wedding in July 08. I would try contacting direct.

#10 CJEB

CJEB
                    • 182 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

When I contacted WC at ocean they said that the TA needed to confirm and that they would do everything for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users