• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:02 AM

Great reminder!! Is there a law already in place for not putting on your makeup while you drive? I'm so guilty of that. hehehe. Shame on me

I too hate how gas is gouging my bank account right now. It's awful!! My little Honda used to fill up on about $18 of gas, the other day it took $41 and I was unhappy. And to think, gas prices always go up come summertime because of travel, goodness, I'm ready to convert my car into one of the vegetable oil running vehicles.

#12 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:08 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starchild

As for gas, I literally work 1 mile from home and don't drive too far outside of work, so I don't feel it. But, if I drove more I'm sure it would be killing me! The trip to the OC and back last week was more costly than it used to be, that's for sure!

I do too! We've discussed this before, but we both work across (the 405) the way! How funny! I work so close, but still, I got used to filling up w/ $40 tops, now its like $70! My bro lives in Northridge and I hate that fact that I hesitate driving out there to visit my neice and nephew.

#13 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amyh
      I know its for our safety, but if the govt want us to get a head set, they should pay for it!
      i completely agree. wa state is converting to all-HDTV in feb '09. if you are a cable suscriber they will give you a converter, but if not you can only get a $40 coupon to use. any non-HDTV will NOT WORK without the converter after this day. Bunch o' crap if you ask me
      I have a feeling more states will follow. Oregon has been discussing this one for awhile now.
      WA state:
      Cell Phones
      As of January 1st, 2008, it is illegal to text message while driving.
      Beginning July 1st, 2008, it will be illegal to drive while chatting on a hand-held cell phone. Handsfree OK, but no discounts, coupons, or freebies from any cellular provider are availble.
      If caught you will be slugged with a $101 fine.

#14 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by DougsGirl
        i completely agree. wa state is converting to all-HDTV in feb '09. if you are a cable suscriber they will give you a converter, but if not you can only get a $40 coupon to use. any non-HDTV will NOT WORK without the converter after this day. Bunch o' crap if you ask me

WA state:
        Cell Phones
        As of January 1st, 2008, it is illegal to text message while driving.
        Beginning July 1st, 2008, it will be illegal to drive while chatting on a hand-held cell phone. Handsfree OK, but no discounts, coupons, or freebies from any cellular provider are availble.
        If caught you will be slugged with a $101 fine.
        Interesting, I wonder how many states have similar laws. Out here they are also doing the cable switch...not cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users