Photo

Site Visit: Esencia, Maroma, Ana y Jose, Al Cielo, Azu-lik, Eurostar Blue Tulum

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#11 tad

tad
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for the helpful information from the site visits. This helps a lot with my planning!

#12 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
    • Vendor
    • 278 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

I am sure that information will be a big help to many brides! I photographed a Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#13 Lizzy

Lizzy
      • 501 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

Hi Sarah. My daughter was married at Anna y Jose Beach Club Jan. 19th. It was glorious! If you would like to see some of her pictures of the set up we used at the beachclub, I would be happy to post them. Let me know~
        For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#14 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
        • 173 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

I'd love to see photos Lizzy thanks!
          We are probably going to get a tent outside rather than having dinner in the palapya. They are serving dinner there now so there is an addition 4000 cost to have the restuarant as a private event.
          Sarah

#15 Lizzy

Lizzy
          • 501 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:46 AM

Sarah, I cannot do the posting til later today or tomorrow. I will post tho!
            For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

#16 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
            • 173 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

Maggie,
              I have 2 questions for you:
              1) What dinner did Maggie serve?
              2) They are going to open the beach club up to the public for dinner soon. Do you think that it is worth an extra 4000 USD to rent the palapya out as a private event or do think that we could get a way with renting a tent outside by the olive trees. We are only having 50 people or so . . . I thought since you knew the space so well you might be able to weigh in. It's a tough decision.
              I'm excited to see pictures!
              Thanks,
              Sarah

#17 Lizzy

Lizzy
              • 501 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

Sarah, I am sorry to leave you hanging. My computer had a Trojan Horse! I have spent all week trying to get rid of it. I think it is finally gone, but won't
                know til this final scan is done. I'm on my husband's laptop right now. So I will get the pix up tomorrow and I will forward your question about renting out the beach club to Maggie. She ande TYadd did decide to do just that. Like you, they wanted the ceremony and reception to be an intimate and private affair. I think we ended up with about 54 people.
                Til tomorrow~
                Lizzy

#18 mexicanbridewithquestions

mexicanbridewithquestions
                • 149 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:54 PM

Hi Lizzy, did you post the pics of your daughter's wedding at Ana y Jose Beach Club. I am very interested in that place but have not seen many pics.

thanks
                  Abby

#19 San Fran Sarah

San Fran Sarah
                  • 173 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

There are a lot of pictures online on Tulum Weddings - The perfect wedding destination..

#20 linzluhu

linzluhu
                    • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:36 PM

Sarah,

Quick question for you...I was wondering if the prices you were quoted $/pp included taxes, service charges, etc.?

Reason being, I was looking at the tulumswedding.com website for the Ana Y Jose Beach Club, and at the bottom of the menu page it says

"Gratuities for all meals served inside the Restaurant is 15%... Service on food and drinks served on the beach is 20% plus 20% for gratuities...Please add 10% tax to all menus"

That's a whopping 50% increase if you have a reception on the beach, which of course is what I want to do...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users