Photo

Groceries delivered

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JENESIS

JENESIS
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:16 PM

Months ago there was a post that mentioned a catering service that would deliver groceries to your room. This was mentioned because someone had ordered the food to be delivered before her arrival. Can anyone remember who it was? I swore I saved the website, but now can't find it.

Thanks

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:58 PM

Jenesis - I totally know what you are talking about. It was a girl that rented a villa for her wedding. Let me see if I can find her post...but I want to say the name of the company was the Lazy Gourmet.

Ok, yup, it's lazy gourmet. Here's a thread http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t909

#3 JENESIS

JENESIS
      • 394 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
        Jenesis - I totally know what you are talking about. It was a girl that rented a villa for her wedding. Let me see if I can find her post...but I want to say the name of the company was the Lazy Gourmet.

Ok, yup, it's lazy gourmet. Here's a thread http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t909
        You're great! Thanks

#4 JENESIS

JENESIS
        • 394 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:56 PM

I'm not seeing Lazy Gourmet offering grocery delivery.

This place had an order form on the website and would stock it before your arrival

#5 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:30 PM

You know what Jen, I remember that if you rent a villa, the agency you go thru offers this service. Look at this: Special Services at Villas and Resorts in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Are you renting a villa or do you want someone to stock your hotel??

#6 JENESIS

JENESIS
            • 394 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:43 PM

I want to fill my parents and inlaws kitchens before arrival. They are staying at PB and The BUngalows.

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:52 PM

Hmmm....well, you could always send an inquiry to Lazy Gourmet. I see on their website they offer "location catering" - not sure what that means, but it can't hurt to ask. Perhaps they could steer you in the right direction if this is not something they do.

I would probably just do it myself! Hit the Mega &/or Costco.

#8 JENESIS

JENESIS
                • 394 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:44 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
                  Hmmm....well, you could always send an inquiry to Lazy Gourmet. I see on their website they offer "location catering" - not sure what that means, but it can't hurt to ask. Perhaps they could steer you in the right direction if this is not something they do.

I would probably just do it myself! Hit the Mega &/or Costco.
                  I don't have a Costco card. Does MEga require membership? Anyway, I am still debating renting a car. I wish I knew how easy it is to get around in Cabo.

Thanks for the help/.

#9 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:11 PM

When we went to the Mega store in August, we just paid a few bucks for a one day pass. hope this helps...

Thanks for brining up the Lazy Gourmet again.
                    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                    • VIP Member
                    • 11,403 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:03 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JENESIS
                      I don't have a Costco card. Does MEga require membership? Anyway, I am still debating renting a car. I wish I knew how easy it is to get around in Cabo.

Thanks for the help/.
                      There are plenty of stores you could go to that don't require membership. And I would definitely reccomend renting a car. The only confusing part in Cabo is when you first get into downtown...but its just like navigating any other city you've never been to.

Here's some info I pulled from a great review on tripadvisor.com (Click the image to open in full size.
                      4. Food: Soriana Supermarket or Mega Supermarket Click the image to open in full size.
                      5. Food: La Europea Supermarket http://www.laeuropea.com.mx

Whether you go at the beginning of your trip or the end, La Europea is, I'm fairly certain, the best place to go with the least expensive high-end wines and spirits and, to my knowledge, the ONLY place you can go in Cabo for $1 six-packs of Corona or Pacifico (depends on the day or maybe year). There are at least 6 world class tequilas there--from 1942 to Herradura to Don Julio to Jose Cuervo 1800 Anejo or the private reserve. All are priced at nearly 60% of what you'll pay in the US so bring room in your suitcase (lord knows you can't bring liquids in the airplane...). They also have a great selection of pate's, tapenades and other upscale yuppie snacky stuff we love. La Europea is located about a mile east of the Home Depot (yup, one here, too) on the north side of the corridor highway. I think it's closed Sundays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users