• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Julesr
    I made it black as well, and I am exctied about it. Not sure that I would use black, but I must say, I am pretty proud of myself.

This is the black one.

Click the image to open in full size.
    I really like the black one - great job. I would suggest making the words sold rather than outlined - I think it will stand out better. Just a suggestion but otherwise they look really good - way to go!
    Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
    http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#12 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

Glenda---
      Thanks! I actually have fun doing this stuff--- it's about the only time I get to use my art background anymore...

Julie,
      *Love* the black--- better watch out, I'll use that design myself!!

I agree with making the letters solid orange... That will really make it *pop*....

M.

#13 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
        Glenda---
        Thanks! I actually have fun doing this stuff--- it's about the only time I get to use my art background anymore...

Julie,
        *Love* the black--- better watch out, I'll use that design myself!!

I agree with making the letters solid orange... That will really make it *pop*....

M.
        You can use it if you want, I am okay with sharing. We don't know the same people :) I agree about changing the letters as well, but I am not going to use this one, it was just a test, so I will not fix it right now. I need my wedding colours first. lol I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it.

#14 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:48 PM

I LOVE using powerpoint and thats actually what I used to do my first monogram, but I have trouble moving it, so I think I need to read the instructions. I sent in a request of Aylee today for one, but I think I'm going to try making some on my own as well.

I also noticed on her site she has the instructions to make favor tags, I want to do those too, with our monogram, to hang on the fans.

I'll post when I'm done.

#15 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jilly76
            I LOVE using powerpoint and thats actually what I used to do my first monogram, but I have trouble moving it, so I think I need to read the instructions. I sent in a request of Aylee today for one, but I think I'm going to try making some on my own as well.

I also noticed on her site she has the instructions to make favor tags, I want to do those too, with our monogram, to hang on the fans.

I'll post when I'm done.
            Please post the directions for the favour tags, I never saw that. I would love to know how to make it. The more I can learn the better.

#16 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:00 AM

How come you guys are so artsy and crafty? I can't do any of this stuff. This is why my wedding is going to cost me so much b/c I am going to have to pay people to do it. LOL. I can only come up with ideas I can never execute them.

-Glenda

#17 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
              • VIP Member
              • 2,347 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

Julie,
                If the monogram is on it's own page in Powerpoint, go to "Edit" on your toolbar, then "Select All". Then press "Control" and hold it down.

Now is where you have to play a little bit. You need to click on an item in the monogram, but in doing so, it unselects it. Which is fine. Right click on that item and a sub-menu pops up. Select "Group" and another menu extends to the side. Select "Group Items Together". This will cluster all the items together as one unit so you can move it around.

I'm going off the top of my head, so when you right click, my wording might not be precise and you may have to interpret to the closest possible option...

Once you have everthing grouped together, you can right click and choose "Save as Picture." Then when the box pops up to name the file, make sure you change the file type to "JPEG" and then select where you want to save a copy of the monogram...

Maria

#18 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                • VIP Member
                • 2,347 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:04 PM

Oh yeah, I'm going to work on typing something up that gives instructions and screen shots showing how to make monograms in powerpoint. If anyone's interested, let me know. I'll accept point donations as payment since I can't seem to get mine much above 400! :)

#19 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:20 PM

Mikki that is thoughful of you-I just donated some points your way. I don't need monograms but I have a lot of points.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#20 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:35 PM

Thanks Maria!! I made my own mongram but I kept getting stuck at this stage (converting the file to a jpeg.)

I have a problem though.. when I did this, it inverted the colors. How do I change this?Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users