Opinions on PV or Nuevo Villas?

We have about 40 guests weâ€re going to invite. So we're hoping we can find a villa(s) that will sleep 20 (the other 20 will stay in nearby resort).

The villa will be the site of a pool party and the reception. Having the ceremony at the villa (on the beach) is not a requirement, but a nice to have. Below are just examples of places I could find on the web. Iâ€m definitely interested in other options. (and any pictures people may have)

Villa Option #1: One big villa which sleeps 20-22

Examples found:

These are both fantastic villas, but are very expensive and out of our budget.

http://www.boutiquevillas.com/villas/villa_vista_magica/villa_vista_magica.html

http://www.costavallartaboutiquevill...pelillos.shtml

Villa Option #2: 2 villas which each sleep 10-12 (or some combination to

make 20-22)

Examples found:

This villa sleeps 12, but has a great reception/party area. I would need to find a second villa within walking distance to sleep the rest of the group. http://www.casabayvillas.com/puerto-vallarta-villas/details.asp?villa_nbr=125

These villas are side by side and have a great private beach area. They are a little weak on reception area. http://www.pvprop.com/salinasI.html and Salinas II Vacation Villas Puerto Vallarta

Any opinions on these or other villas? I've looked throughout BDW site and looked at most of the villas. I am looking for kept up and modern villa (doors on bathrooms and AC in the bedrooms)dog.gif

Thanks for your thoughts!

-Elsa

Not sure on price or how many they sleep, but good, bigger villas (especially for an event) would be:

Quinta del Mar

Villa Mia

Villa Celeste

None of those are on the beach exactly - although Villa Mia does have stairs leading right to the ocean and rock outcroppings and Villa Celeste is just down the road from the beautiful Playa Conchas Chinas.

I just got back from PV and went to a wedding in NV and the difference is NV looks like any other beach tourist hotel area. Though it is beautiful, it is flat and windy until around 8pm.

PV has a lot of charater with the mountains and ocean on both sides. It is also a little more cost effecient. Any villa in Upper Conchas Chinas will have every thing you dream of in a home that will wow all your guests. I looked at a ton of villas there. The only one I wouldn't recommend is Villa Verde. But if you are looking for a place to put a lot of guests check out Casa Carol Ann.

Best of luck

• 4 weeks later...

Okay this is only my opinion, but when I visited Villa Verde it smelled musty and the rooms are dark and nothing glamorous or beachy feeling about them. I would use this villa if I were having a 25th or 30th birthday bash. It kind of reminds me of a place where I would have went for spring break. The layout by the pool is perfect for a party scene, just not what I pictured for my wedding day. Another great option in that area is Casa Carol Ann or in Mismaloya Casa Kalista, both of those have a more elegant wedding feeling.

Best of luck

Kathy

PS if you are looking for an amazing villa to get married and stay at I know someone who has a private villa that can host I believe 80 plus wedding guests. LEt me know if you are interested. It is where I am having my reception.

I just got married in May and originally did an enormous amount of research on private villas in PV. We booked at Casa Valerie in Mismaloya, although we ultimately had to move the wedding to Le Kliff Restaurant because our guest list outgrew the capacity at that villa. We would likely have tried to move the wedding anyway, however, because of the unfortunate and unnecessary headaches and problems caused by the owner of Casa Valerie. I would strongly advise against holding any kind of event at that location or even booking it for guests. We were, however, extremely pleased with several of the other villas we booked in the same neighborhood for guests. We booked about 6 or 7 different villas in the Mismaloya neighborhood. None were for groups larger than 12, but booking separate villas that are within walking distance of each other really worked for us and our guests were delighted. I would highly recommend Casa Kalista, Villa Suzannah and Villa Delfin. I would definitely avoid Casa Valerie and Villa Sirena. Hope the info helps!

I agree.... Casa Kalista, Quinta Del Mar are both great options. Tomorrow night I will be posting info on the private villa I am using and contact information. I was just waiting to hear back from the manager of the villa.

I don't want to speak badly of anyone, especially since I have no personal experience. But I too heard that Casa Valarie was very difficult to work with.

Best

Kathysmile105.gif