Most Unique Baby Names...

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#51 Dbld78

Dbld78
  • Banned
  • 665 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

Oh SHIT! I can't believe I FORGOT this one!!!! When I was in college I worked at The Picture People and there was a kid who worked there (for a couple months, I can't even remember his name) and his daughter's name was NAUTICA!!!!!!

Yeah Nautica..... LadyP I guess we could classify that under stores...ahahaha!

#52 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:11 PM

This thread is hilarious!!

Speaking of drunk mommas, my daughter has friends named:

Chardonay, Tanqueray, Alizae and Crystal Glass. Goodness

But my ulimate favorite.....FI did a research project with elementary kids in South Central LA and there was a girl in the class named........

"Urhiness" - yep because her parents wanted to refer to her as royalty. Let's just say FI refused to call her by name. Can you blame him? Good lawd!!!!!!

#53 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

I knew three girls that were sisters named... Glory,Hope and Faith. There was a girl in one of my college classes named Krystal Meth. I knew a guy and a girl named Genesis. Hmmm I bet I will think of some other good ones...

#54 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christine
          Catherine I have the same situation usually. I call them scrabble names. Because clearly their parents took out the scrabble box and just threw some letters down to make a name.
          Christine, we went to school with a girl named Daisy, but her real name is B(sp)a(sp)y(sp)d(sp)i(sp)i(sp)z(sp)y(sp)e (trying to avoid google-ing) she said that her parents pretty much picked letters they liked and arranged them until they came up with something they liked!

#55 Dbld78

Dbld78
          • Banned
          • 665 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amyh
            Christine, we went to school with a girl named Daisy, but her real name is B(sp)a(sp)y(sp)d(sp)i(sp)i(sp)z(sp)y(sp)e (trying to avoid google-ing) she said that her parents pretty much picked letters they liked and arranged them until they came up with something they liked!
            WHAT!!!! That's just wrong... How do you pronounce it? Poor girl! That reminds me of a friend, when we were in college she got pregnant and if Tristan had been a girl his name would have been Nevaeh.... Heaven backwards... I'm sorry that's just dumb!

But they did eventually have a girl and her name is Kayla...

#56 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

I love my neice's name- Nevaeh (Heaven backwards) and my cousin gave her daughter the middle name of Lovelyn.

#57 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Dbld78
                WHAT!!!! That's just wrong... How do you pronounce it? Poor girl! That reminds me of a friend, when we were in college she got pregnant and if Tristan had been a girl his name would have been Nevaeh.... Heaven backwards... I'm sorry that's just dumb!

But they did eventually have a girl and her name is Kayla...
                how creepy! We typed this at the sametime! Lol. Its okay, we love our little Nev :)

#58 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

Quote:
                  Wow! The B is silent I guess.

#59 jmill130

jmill130
                  • 601 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

Okay, I'm a teacher and I once taught a little boy and his name was ...
                    Shithead. You would say it SH/TH/EED! I remember on the first day of school I played this game when I say stand up when I say your name... then I can check roll.... I came to his name and left it out and then had to to say... "okay kids who did Miss Frisk forget...." then he said it the right way! CRAZY! He was a great kid... I wish I could have changed his name!

Some of my other students were named:
                    Electro
                    Semaj (James spelled backwards)
                    Car La (She was born in a car)

#60 amyrak

amyrak
                    • 469 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

Quote:
                      I love my neice's name- Nevaeh (Heaven backwards) and my cousin gave her daughter the middle name of Lovelyn.
                      I read somewhere that it's a popular name which is weird to me but one of the kids in our neighborhood is named that. I thought it was pretty unique. FI's brother has 4 kids and I swear their mom reads romance novels too much. Their names are Brynn, Rory, Javin, and Priya ( Javin is the only boy). I am not even sure I'm spelling them right. I always have to ask when it comes time for B-days or Xmas.
                      Had a guy in school named Jerry Harry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users