Sign in to follow this  
LCBride2007

Calling all BDW Members...Help me get my baby girl home! Updated: We're home!!

I've taken Amtrak before and I don't recommend it (for anyone) but especialyl not for a newborn. They are dirty and I was a little scared .. but perhaps a private cabin room would be different.

I'm still reading through the thread so I may be behind the 8-call as far as getting caught up -- so my apologies if I am.

I'll go finish reading now. :-)

Anyone hear from Ann or have any updates? Hope everything is going smoothly Ann!

I think they should be getting home sometime today right? Or is it tomorrow? I guess the driving could go a little slower than usual since they will need to stop more often for diaper changes and feedings!

WE ARE HOME!

Sorry I haven't dropped by, we're still getting settled, and I think we will be for months to come. This house just wasn't ready to bring home a baby - there's stuff everywhere! Boxes, gifts, stuff, etc.

But we made it safely, and it wasn't terrible. The train wasn't bad, it was a little cramped, but we made due. We got into Denver around 8pm on the 21st (Sat night), and found a hotel. Then got a rental car and drove all day on Sunday ... what a trip! We made it all the way to Des Moines and stayed the night, then the next day (Monday) got home around 2pm. WOOHOO!

SO much I want to get done, but we'll see how it goes. Sorry I haven't been around much!

yay ann! so glad you and the fam got home safe :)

YEAH, I'm so happy you are home and safe and sound. I bet little Gwen is so ready to sleep in her actual bed.

OK well I'll hold off a couple days before I bug you for baby room pictures.. lol (what, you knew I was going to ask)