• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:31 PM

We are making it legal Friday (the 13th) in the morning!!! We were planning to go with a married couple we are both friends with, but the guy has to work now. I called another friend & asked her if she wanted to witness thinking that no one would really want to wait in line at the courthouse with us. It sounded like she cried when I asked. Her excitement for our legal day is great.

So we are picking both friends up around 10am & heading downtown. Afterwards we are going to eat mexican food & have a margarita toast. I'll post pictures in this thread afterwards.

Getting excited about legal day is helping me get through the next week 1/2 without losing my mind. I'm so full of excitement about mexico that I feel like I'll burst if I don't have an outlet. I've never planned something for an entire year. The anticipation is becoming too much!

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

yay! We had so much fun doing it legal style too! Congrats on nearly being a Mrs.
      Happily married since 2008

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

that's so sweet that your friend almost cried. mexican food and margaritas sound like the perfect way to celebrate legal day. i hope you have a great legal day friday!
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

How exciting! I love that you are going to have Mexican food afterwards.

#5 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
            yay! We had so much fun doing it legal style too! Congrats on nearly being a Mrs.
            You made it legal in vegas right? We'll just be in downtown Durham, but there is an awesome popcicle shop we can stop at.

I love having 2 days. One laid back legal day & then the big ceremony day.

I think I might just spend the rest of the day doodling my new name.

#6 Jen_S

Jen_S
            • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

Have a great legal day! Glad your friend was touched by being asked. Yum margaritas!
              Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#7 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:36 PM

yaaaaaaaaay morgan i am soooo excited for you!!!! i cant wait to see pics of you guys making it legal!

the other day jose got all worried about when we should pick up our marriage licence for our civil ceremony, so we're both starting to freak with excitement... i can only imagine how pumped you guys are for friday and then mexico in less than 2 weeks!

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yari
                How exciting! I love that you are going to have Mexican food afterwards.
                Even if we weren't getting married in mexico we'd probably still have mexican food. We love chicken fajitas. And salsa, tortillas, beans, margaritas, bright colors...ahh I can't wait!

#9 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  Even if we weren't getting married in mexico we'd probably still have mexican food. We love chicken fajitas. And salsa, tortillas, beans, margaritas, bright colors...ahh I can't wait!
                  You are making me hungry!

#10 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jkcz0702
                    Have a great legal day! Glad your friend was touched by being asked. Yum margaritas!
                    I asked her in the way you'd ask someone to drive you to the airport. I thought of it as more of an inconvenience. Then when she was so excited it got me even more excited. She asked if she can catch a bouquet & get a "witness ring." neither friend can make it to mexico so this will be a nice way for them to be a part of it.

Oh, i forgot to mention- the date is Friday the 13th :)

Good thing we are not at all superstitious. maybe it will make the lines shorter too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users