Photo

Veils....Did you/will you wear one? Have pic?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#11 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:02 PM

Jessalyn, Edyta is right, I remember your dress and I think you can totally wear a veil with your dress and it would look stunning..

#12 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

I am wearing a veil, I agree with tammy, it will be fun for pictures, and how often do you get to wear a veil.

I am also going to use my sisters veil & tiara, I think, rather than buying them. And the will be my something borrowed. She's going to bring them down to me in a few weeks when she comes to see my dresses so hopefully they will be what I want.

#13 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by EDYTA
        I am wearing one, it's very simple, long and has no detailing on it..I will post a pic today as I am going for my 2nd dress fitting today

Jessalyn I think a veil would look beautiful with your dress maybe smething along the lines as I'm getting...I agree with Tammy that it will be fun to take pics with one on
        Jessalyn, Edyta is right, I remember your dress and I think you can totally wear a veil with your dress and it would look stunning..

So, with my dress in mind, how long do you think my veil should be? ...I'm thinking elbow length?

I am so bad at this stuff!
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

I am too - I just let the lady at the bridal shop tell me what she thinks - lol. The one I am thinking of buying it about "butt length" and comes to a point in the back, I forget the name for this. I really need to decide.

#15 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
            So, with my dress in mind, how long do you think my veil should be? ...I'm thinking elbow length?

I agree! I think that would look great!!!

#16 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200

Elbow or butt length would look really nice. Since your a DIY person, did you know that your local craft stores sells veil pretty much made, you just have to piece what you like together..

#17 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                Elbow or butt length would look really nice. Since your a DIY person, did you know that your local craft stores sells veil pretty much made, you just have to piece what you like together..
                I bought some tulle today and thought I'd try my hand at making my own. If it turns out bad, I can always buy one. The tulle only cost 2.59 a yard and then the comb was 6.99. I found a site yesterday that had instructions about how to make one. I'll share it here, if anyone is interested. Making a Veil

Thanks for your opinions and ideas ladies! I appreciate it!!
                My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#18 gkashmira

gkashmira
                • 1,962 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

I am wearing a long veil. My mother is really attached to the idea. I think it looks nice too. You can see mine in the Gown thread - basically it's long and has a matching lace edge around it. mantilla style.
                  Kashmira & Dan
                  Happily married since June 16, 2007
                  http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                  Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                  Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#19 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by gkashmira
                    I am wearing a long veil. My mother is really attached to the idea. I think it looks nice too. You can see mine in the Gown thread - basically it's long and has a matching lace edge around it. mantilla style.
                    Kash ~ I love your dress and your veil!! The veil is perfect for your dress!
                    My new man....Donovan

#20 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 05:38 PM

I'm planning on wearing a veil too, but I dont have a pic yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users