Photo

Veils....Did you/will you wear one? Have pic?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#91 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

I definitely wanted a veil but the one I wanted was $420. YIKES. So after recommendations from the wonderful ladies on this forum I just ordered mine today for $135 from www.occanseydesigns.com.

It is a 2 layer veil (47" and 52") with beading on the edging. I will post pictures once I receive it. I am very excited!

#92 pryzeless

pryzeless
    • 614 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by melglnh2o
      I definitely wanted a veil but the one I wanted was $420. YIKES. So after recommendations from the wonderful ladies on this forum I just ordered mine today for $135 from www.occanseydesigns.com.

It is a 2 layer veil (47" and 52") with beading on the edging. I will post pictures once I receive it. I am very excited!
      I ordered mine from there too and I am super excited. With shipping it was $75.

#93 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
      • 1,016 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by pryzeless
        I ordered mine from there too and I am super excited. With shipping it was $75.
        Have you received it yet or did you recently order it? The prices can't be beat if you are looking for something in particular. There were many inexpensive ones on ebay but I really wanted a longer one and was having a lot of trouble finding what I wanted. Kathy at Occansey was fabulous to work with and they can make anything!

#94 Saraha

Saraha
        • 2,597 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

My FMIL is making mine and here are the pics I gave her for examples of what I want
          Click the image to open in full size.

#95 pryzeless

pryzeless
          • 614 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by melglnh2o
            Have you received it yet or did you recently order it? The prices can't be beat if you are looking for something in particular. There were many inexpensive ones on ebay but I really wanted a longer one and was having a lot of trouble finding what I wanted. Kathy at Occansey was fabulous to work with and they can make anything!
            I ordered it yesterday. When I get it, I will post a picture. I was looking at the ones on ebay too but this is a custom order with a special design. That you can't beat. Did you get yours?

#96 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by pryzeless
              I ordered it yesterday. When I get it, I will post a picture. I was looking at the ones on ebay too but this is a custom order with a special design. That you can't beat. Did you get yours?
              I just ordered mine about an hour ago. I really hope it looks nice with my dress. That is one thing that I am taking a chance on but I am sure it will be beautiful. Yes, please post a picture when you receive yours and let me know what you think of the quality.

#97 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:16 PM

I've ordered 2 from occanesey. Both are pretty- I just ordered the first in the wrong style- totally my fault.

I ordered it in the shimmer dark ivory color and I love the tiny bit of sparkly it has.
                Happily married since 2008

#98 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                I've ordered 2 from occanesey. Both are pretty- I just ordered the first in the wrong style- totally my fault.

I ordered it in the shimmer dark ivory color and I love the tiny bit of sparkly it has.
                HA! I've just been reading this entire thread for the last 30 min and wondering what you ended up doing, and SURPRISE! You just updated!

What length and style did and do you have now?

#99 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
                • 419 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

I decided to go with a simple short veil. It is actually a blusher instead of a veil. ($20 David's bridal) Anyone else doing this?

#100 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                  • 1,881 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:58 AM

We are getting married on the beach so I am thinking of wearing flowers in my hair instead of a veil. I have seen a few pictures where the wind is just not very forgiving...
                    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users