Photo

East Coast heat wave! It's going to be 99 today...

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

in Philly - WTF? I wish I was at the pool!

Who else is in the East Coast heat wave and what are you doing today?

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:21 AM

OMG, I hear ya, Alyssa. It's insane. I will def be going to my parents ALOT this summer to swim in their pool!

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:22 AM

Ugh! Yep, it's been SCORCHNG here for the last week.

I'm working today and it's days like this that just exhaust me. Getting in and out of the car on sales calls all day ... plus it takes a LOT of ice to keep wine cool in the trunk of my car when it's this hot!!!

#4 happygilmore

happygilmore
        • 576 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:25 AM

We were sooooooooo hot the last few days! However, lucky me, my office had a sewer leak this weekend that no one knew about and therefore I don't have to go to work today! Might have to clean up poopy water stuff tomorrow but at least I have today off!!! So I just get to chill out in front of the fans!

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:45 AM

This heat is miserable. Luckily I only walk one block from the subway to get to work, but I was all gross by the time I entered the building. I'm a winter fan!

#6 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

FI basically works outside, but they are trying to stay inside as much as possible today. He sent me a pic on my phone a few min ago of a thermomiter they have there...hold on, I'll send it to my email and see if I can post it...
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#7 plumsugar

plumsugar
              • 175 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:06 AM

We were in the car last night (around 730pm) and the temperature still read 101 degrees!

I'll be at work for a large portion of the day - free air conditioning! - then rush home for the paid air conditioning lol…
                No way am I stepping outside today and getting my famous sweat mustache ick!!

#8 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

Last night at 8PM our dining room thermostat said 93...I can only imagane what it said mid-day. We broke down and put the AC in the bedroom window last night, put one downstairs for the furbabies this morning and FI will put the one in the dining room later on today.

Our high today is supposed to be 95...FI sent me this a little while ago, and he literally works right next to the ocean (where it's ususallly cooler...)
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#9 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

It is horrible the past 3 days and is suppose to continue. For once I am glad I am at work in the AC! Stay cool!
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#10 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

This whole weekend was just soooo hot. I'm sitting at work in the AC, so it's not affecting me too much today. Yesterday though Mike had to mow our lawn and we had to go to an outside bbq for my work....it was just so gross outside.
                      My PECO bill is going to be ridiculous. I left the central air on all day for the past 3 days so my poor doggie doesn't suffer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users