Photo

April/May weather Ocean blue/Sand Bavaro

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bigballsburns

bigballsburns
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

All - can any 1 tell me what the weather is like around april may time -i know its the rainy season but how much does it actually rain - i mean does it rain all day long or is it just a quick 2 hour down poor and the sun is back out?
    Any details would be appreciated as i am plannig my wedding around this time....

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:27 AM

Rainy season doesn't really start until May. Our wedding was April 19 and we had showers the morning of -- but no rain. It rained only 1 day in Punta Cana while we were there for our DW and HM ... and it was the day we took the Saona Island excursion, so we never even saw a drop!

When it did sprinkle, it was quick showers and the sun was back out.

#3 Jennyjenn

Jennyjenn
      • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by foxytv
        Rainy season doesn't really start until May. Our wedding was April 19 and we had showers the morning of -- but no rain. It rained only 1 day in Punta Cana while we were there for our DW and HM ... and it was the day we took the Saona Island excursion, so we never even saw a drop!

When it did sprinkle, it was quick showers and the sun was back out.
        Hi Tammy I wonder if you could tell me if you were at the Palma Real or the Paradisus- and whether it was cost effective and worth it for your guests.

Thanks
        JENN!!

#4 Debs

Debs
        • VIP Member
        • 7,104 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

I was down in PC at the same time as Tammy and I agree, we were also on an excursion on the afternoon it rained! To the Marinarium! you were wet anyway, so it didn't really matter!

On the second week we were there we had a really good downpour thundershower that lasted a good 3-4 hours, lost the satellite and everything!! We just wandered up to the lobby and played some cards and drank some booze!

#5 CJEB

CJEB
          • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:24 AM

We found last june tended to rain for short bursts, then quickly clears up.

Just a note - isn't it supposed to be good luck if it rains on your wedding day?

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jennyjenn
              Hi Tammy I wonder if you could tell me if you were at the Palma Real or the Paradisus- and whether it was cost effective and worth it for your guests.

Thanks
              JENN!!
              Our wedding was at Paradisus Punta Cana (we were there Wed-Mon) and then we moved to Paradisus Palma Real for our honeymoon (Mon-Sun).

Definitely the right two decisions. PPC was PERFECT for a fun group of wedding guests (we had 40 people age 4-80) and everyone had the time of their life. PPR was much more luxurious and quiet. Very little nightlife. Better for a honeymoon than a large group IMHO.

#7 Otis1230

Otis1230
              • 130 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

Our wedding was april 25th- we were at the resort from april 21st - may 1st and it rained 1 day all day almost. The rest of the time it was a quick shower or 2 during the day. Nothing major!!!
                Michael & Lisa
                April 25th, 2008
                Paradisus Punta Cana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users