Sign in to follow this  
BayBug

Fake Flowers

I'm so sorry it took me ages to do this! I didn't actually find the post this was originally on, but here's the link to the site.

Again, sorry for being such a slacker! blush2.gif

Her work is beautiful!

I just ordered about 2 weeks ago. I am still waiting to see my bouquet, but her website looks great and many knotties rave about her. I made the mistake of odering from shavonsweddingsilks.com and the bouquet looks fake to me.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

I dont' think that fake flowers are tacky at all however, high quality is the secret. While I am a BIG fan of Wl-Mart and dollar stores, there flowers aren't the ones that you want to use for your bouquets and such. Even at you craft stores the quality can very! Invest in the good stuff. The great thing is you can bring your bouquet home.

I've been trying to get a quote for two+ weeks now. They have been really bad about getting back to me, and when I do reach them they never have the info I asked for and say they'll call me right back, but then don't. Did you have the same problem contacting them?

Does anyone have another vendor who they've worked with and had better results? My wedding is April 27th, so I'm running out of time. I can still buy real flowers if I need to, but those were so expensive when quoted by my wedding coordinator. Thanks

I think I'm going to do fakies too. There is a Canadian company that does really good work too. Here's a sample: Gorgeous!!

Click the image to open in full size.

Check it out at budget-bride.com

It's crazy good stuff. A girl on another board just got hers sent to her, a full bouquet of stephanoitis (sp?), really cute.

I was thinking of doing yellow calla lillies something like this one!

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyB79 View Post
I've been trying to get a quote for two+ weeks now. They have been really bad about getting back to me, and when I do reach them they never have the info I asked for and say they'll call me right back, but then don't. Did you have the same problem contacting them?

Does anyone have another vendor who they've worked with and had better results? My wedding is April 27th, so I'm running out of time. I can still buy real flowers if I need to, but those were so expensive when quoted by my wedding coordinator. Thanks

Yes, they are pretty slow with the communication. It took a while for her to get back with me with a qoute.

I just bought some fake orchids. They are really pretty and not to fake looking. They were $4 for 6 on a stem. I am going to use them for my cake. I got them from Homesense. They are tons of flowers right now and really good prices.

Sarah