Photo

Bridal Shop Recos in Northern VA

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neen

neen
  • 633 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

So I found my wedding dress while visiting in CT and unfortunately I can't find it anywhere locally in VA. Several shops say they carry my designer, but not my specific style. They're all willing to order it for me, though, so now I just need to decide which bridal shop to go with. I want somewhere I can trust to do the alternations, but doesn't feel so posh that I feel like a grubber walking in in jeans and t-shirt for my fittings.

So...any bridal shop suggestions in Northern VA? TIA!!!

#2 Dbld78

Dbld78
    • Banned
    • 665 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:16 PM

I had the same thing happen to me... I found a dress in Charleston Wedding magazine and I wanted to try it on so I called the bridal shop in the magazine and got the style number and designer and then called a million (well not really...ahaha) bridal salons and NO ONE had the dress, they carried the designer but not that dress as a sample. I ended up going with another dress, but I did however buy it at a posh upscale bridal salon. And to be honest it was worth the extra couple bucks for the service and the attention that I received. You can walk into any where and get service with tee shirt and jeans as long as your head is held high and you make yourself look important....lol!

On the other hand... I can't say that I know of any good bridal salons in your area....sorry. But best wishes... I'm sure you'll make out great!

#3 neen

neen
      • 633 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:38 PM

thanks ladies!

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

sorry I went to David's Bridal, I know there are a couple on King Street in old town alexandria.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
        • 1,016 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

I bought my dress from Bobbies Bobbie's Bridal

They have many dresses and Bobbie was fantastic to work with.

#6 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

I got my dress at Country Miss in Maryland. It's not far from NoVA.
            I went there looking for one dress and ended up with another one. They have the best selection of any bridal shop I visited. EVER.

Country Miss Bridal Intro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users