Who should give me away?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:59 AM

I walked down w/ my mom! I let her decide because although I knew she would be honored to do it...I didn't want it to take away from her seeing me walk down the aisle. For some reason I thought was important but looking back she was w/ me all during getting ready and everything and walking me down the aisle was the best choice! :)

#12 alex

alex
    • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:00 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ErinB
      I love the idea of your mom walking you down the aisle. She could even answer , when asked "who gives this woman to be married..." "Her father and I do."

Ok, I'm already crying! Good luck!
      Yep, you've got me tearing up too.

I think that if you're close to your Mom then that's a great idea! I think she'll be honoured & excited to do this for/with you.

#13 adias.angel

adias.angel
      • 719 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jackie
        I finally decided to walk alone half way and then my husband came and got me to walk me the rest of the way. It was beautiful and I am so glad I did it this way.
        I love this!!! I also was struggling with this, thought about FIL, but since my FH has been there since the day my father was diagnosed with cancer I think this would be just perfect. Thank you for posting this!

#14 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
        • 2,262 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:24 AM

I've thought about this 2. My dad lives on the other side of the world and so isn't going and my mum died 8 years ago. I thought I'll walk down on my own no great shakes then FI said that his mother's new hubby would probably want to do it!!

After I stopped the smoke coming out of my ears and nose !! I've asked one of my really good friend's husbands to do it - he's got 2 sons so is happy to do it.

If I had a choice I would walk myself but this seemed the lesser of 2 evils

#15 MrsFisher2B

MrsFisher2B
          • 104 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

what a difficult decision you have! I like the idea of walking halfway and having your fiance come and get you for the other half! So nice! I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll be either walking down myself, having my 6 year old son (he will be 8 by the wedding) walk me down, or my mom will (or maybe my mom and my son?! hmm...). Anyway, either way you do it, your father will be there with you!

#16 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

I lost my father when I was little, so I asked my mom to walk me down the asile and she was very happy that I asked her. She was both my parents for me growing up and I could not imagine asking anyone else.

#17 adias.angel

adias.angel
              • 719 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MrsFisher2B
                I'll be either walking down myself, having my 6 year old son (he will be 8 by the wedding) walk me down, or my mom will (or maybe my mom and my son?! hmm...).
                I love that idea of your son doing it. What a great way to make him feel like he had a major part in the day!

#18 KHarrod

KHarrod
                • 902 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

My dad passed also,so Im having my brother and my oldest son walk me down the aisle.

#19 Copita

Copita
                  • 979 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

I think your mom giving you away sounds like a great idea. And really sweet! :)

#20 Ericka7885

Ericka7885
                    • 63 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:29 AM

I think I will go with my mom. I really like the idea of her saying, her father and I do when asked who will give me away. I know he will be there in spirit, but it's still really hard. I found a beautiful poem on another post that I am trying to incorporate into the ceremony somehow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users