Photo

Some good things to know about coordinators and hotel coordinators here in Mexico...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

Excellent inside tip! It's amazing how clueless we are up here (lol). Thanks for providing all the insights that you do :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#12 weddingchick

weddingchick
    • 1,052 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

good to keep in mind.

Thanks.

#13 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
      • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
        When people refer to "Mexico Time" - that is what it means - things are a lot slower than we are used to. At restaurants and everywhere things are much slower paced. I think right now the only thing we are waiting on is mariachis - $700 for 45 minutes! I am going to see if my dad can negotiate the price down some. Wedding cake - we are just going to have the hotel do it because we could never get in touch with anyone anywhere else. Reception Dinner - we are going to just see if they can fit our group in at Fajita Republic in Nuevo Vallarta. We have tried to contact them and got no response.

We are definitely going to take care of our WC! I am going to hook her up with an OOT bag filled with local stuff from here and a nice tip. She works her butt off!
        Yep and awesome! I always ask, when I'm invited to something down here, if they mean "Mexican Time" or "American Time" ... because if they mean "Mexican Time" then I'm usually sitting around for 45 minutes or so waiting for everyone else to get there!

Getting no response is common (as you all have learned and/or are figuring out!). If it makes you feel better, it happens to us, too, which is why we have to go visit the place instead.

#14 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
          Excellent inside tip! It's amazing how clueless we are up here (lol). Thanks for providing all the insights that you do :)
          You're not clueless! Just things work differently down here and it's easy to not know that if you don't live through it :). And how are you going to know if someone doesn't say, "hey guys...".

#15 cabobridetobe

cabobridetobe
          • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:28 PM

Thank you for the information. It is good to have a different perspective on things. It is a shame though because wedding planning is no joke, I admire all those who actually plan events for a living.
            http://www.weddingco...uql3cmrhl42.png

Jason is the love of my life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users