Photo

Post pics of your Wedding Cake!

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#831 KJRAZZLE

KJRAZZLE
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

My FI and I don't like frosting very much so these are the inspiration for our cake. Hopefully the resort can do something like this for us.

#832 KJRAZZLE

KJRAZZLE
    • 48 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

The pictures didn't show up, let me try this again :)

#833 Dazeydawl

Dazeydawl
      • 861 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

The pictures didn't show up, let me try this again :)

Those look amazing!!! I love frosting and I'm tempted to ask for this simply because they look fantastic! Better than a frosted cake!

#834 MrsWWhite

MrsWWhite
        • 159 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

That's different

#835 KiKi Harris

KiKi Harris
          • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Good Evening , I am getting married at the Riu in Montego Bay in about 3 months.. Is this the standard cake offered in the wedding package or did you upgrade?

#836 gresley

gresley
            • 164 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

mmm, so tasty looking

#837 laurammx

laurammx
              • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

My wedding is still a year away but I haven't been able to help myself.. I've already done tons of research and know what I want. 

These are my inspiration pics, the first one is my favorite (and probably not too difficult to do?). I'm really not big on elaborate cakes and my fianc© doesn't even care if we have one or not. 

#838 hezmshaw

hezmshaw
                • 223 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

My wedding is still a year away but I haven't been able to help myself.. I've already done tons of research and know what I want. :blush2: These are my inspiration pics, the first one is my favorite (and probably not too difficult to do?). I'm really not big on elaborate cakes and my fianc© doesn't even care if we have one or not. :rolleyes:

From what I've seen, it shouldn't be outside their skillset to pull off these :) though, FYI, the textured look isn't as easy as you think. Any cake decorator should be able to do it though. My suggestion, be clear on the height of the cake. Ask that each tier be no shorter than 4.5 inches. This way you can avoid the skinny little layers I've seen in some DW cake. (I'm a cake decorator in Edmonton)

#839 laurammx

laurammx
                  • 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by hezmshaw 

From what I've seen, it shouldn't be outside their skillset to pull off these :) though, FYI, the textured look isn't as easy as you think. Any cake decorator should be able to do it though.

My suggestion, be clear on the height of the cake. Ask that each tier be no shorter than 4.5 inches. This way you can avoid the skinny little layers I've seen in some DW cake.

(I'm a cake decorator in Edmonton)

Great, thanks! 

#840 ahall5665

ahall5665
                    • 40 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Love those! The first one is perfect :)

Originally Posted by laurammx 

My wedding is still a year away but I haven't been able to help myself.. I've already done tons of research and know what I want. 

These are my inspiration pics, the first one is my favorite (and probably not too difficult to do?). I'm really not big on elaborate cakes and my fianc© doesn't even care if we have one or not. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users