Post pics of your Wedding Cake!

• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#651 MJKH

MJKH
  • Site Supporter
  • 654 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

I have a shell mold too, they would be super easy to make...just melt white and milk or dark chocolate, swirl gently together and pour into the molds.  But to take to Mexico...I may just buy the Guylian chocolates that are starting to appear all over in stores for Christmas (and lots of lesser - known chocolate companies put them out as well for cheap).  I'm thinking they'll travel much better than a home-made chocolate, but I'm sure it could be done!  Either way, I plan to have my mom carry them in her carry-on with a cold pack in her bag...then we'll keep them in our AC'd room.  I wouldn't put them in the fridge, as there may be condensation when you take them out and they'll lose their glossy exterior.

So kool... How are these marble chocolate shells made? I have the shell mold and I watched a few videos on youtube on making them with gumpaste but chocolate sounds much more appealing! Has any one made them or do you know where to buy them?

#652 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
    • 1,748 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

I think this is what we are going to do too!!! It's easy and should work out nicely!

Originally Posted by MJKH 

I have a shell mold too, they would be super easy to make...just melt white and milk or dark chocolate, swirl gently together and pour into the molds.  But to take to Mexico...I may just buy the Guylian chocolates that are starting to appear all over in stores for Christmas (and lots of lesser - known chocolate companies put them out as well for cheap).  I'm thinking they'll travel much better than a home-made chocolate, but I'm sure it could be done!  Either way, I plan to have my mom carry them in her carry-on with a cold pack in her bag...then we'll keep them in our AC'd room.  I wouldn't put them in the fridge, as there may be condensation when you take them out and they'll lose their glossy exterior.

DownloadedFile.jpeg  DownloadedFile-1.jpeg

#653 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
      • 170 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

Our Wedding-066.jpg

Our cake!! We wanted something different since we were having a traditional wedding.

#654 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
        • 1,748 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

your resort did this for you? AMAZING.. I wish ours did awesome cakes like this!

Originally Posted by Aruba Bride 

Our Wedding-066.jpg

Our cake!! We wanted something different since we were having a traditional wedding.

#655 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
          • Site Supporter
          • 340 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:54 AM

I agree this is awesome! Love how the colors pop and it looks so yummy!!

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

your resort did this for you? AMAZING.. I wish ours did awesome cakes like this!

#656 sxcT

sxcT
            • 1,282 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:04 AM

Gorgeous cake!!  Great choice.

Originally Posted by Aruba Bride 

Our Wedding-066.jpg

#657 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
              • 166 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

OMG I love that cake Aruba Bride!! We have the same taste!! :)

#658 MJKH

MJKH
                • Site Supporter
                • 654 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

I'll post this on the Canadian bride forum too, but I just wanted to let the girls in Canada (who are looking to decorate their cake/cupcakes with chocolate shells) know that Shoppers Drug Mart has Belgian chocolate seashells out for Christmas.  I bought a box of 24 (250g) for $5.99, but I'm sure if you watch you'd get them on sale.  For research sake, we opened them up and tried them ; )

They're really fresh, tasty, creamy rich chocolates.  The only issue is the colour difference in 1/2 of the chocolates which is totally intentional, but completely unnecessary and personally, I wouldn't mix the two on my wedding cake.  But if you used 1/2 on the cake and the other colour on cupcakes or something, no one would probably ever know!  What I liked about these was that they had starfish and fish shapes in their box too...

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

#659 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:19 AM

here is our wedding cake...i talked to the resort, and im bringing the edible ribbon but they will do it for us YAH!!!!!

wedding cake for jamaica.jpg

and this one is being made by a family friend, who is a baker (for the AHR) I LOVE LOVE this one

reception cake PRINT.jpg

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#660 ORBeachbride

ORBeachbride
                    • 59 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

This is a cute idea I was thinking of going with some simple flowers but maybe sea shells, hmmmm.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users